🌸 Tanjiro x Reader 🌸

TanjiroxGenderneutral!Reader
🌸 Fluff
Mission Success
Request: (no-one)
⚠️ Warnings ⚠️: Short

~

Tanjiro POV
Ever since I met them, I felt happier somehow. It was indescribable, but to summarise, I felt really good when I was around them.

However, one thing bothered me.

I had never seen (Y/N) laugh before.

Sure, there was the occasional smile, but they never really seemed to find anything funny.

I had asked her about this once.

~Breath of Time~
/Third Form, Flashback/

"Hey, (Y/N)-san?"

(Y/N) turned to me, "Yes Tanjiro?"

"How come I've never seen you laugh before?"

They thought for a moment before answering, "I'm not exactly sure. I just don't find anything remotely amusing."

The moment I heard that, I made it my mission to make the person I cared for laugh. Even if it was only a little.

I ran to (Y/N), who was standing on her own, "(Y/N)-san!"

I caught their attention by called out their name. They turned to me, "Tanjiro? What's wrong?"

I stopped running, "Oh, nothing. I just want to try some things with you."

(Y/N) tilted their head in confusion, "What kind of things?"

"Together, we're going to discover what you find even the slightest bit amusing!" I announced.

"Oh, okay. What do you want to try first?"

~Breath of Time~
/Second Form, Laziness/

Third Person POV
Tanjiro was panting and sweating slightly.

Nothing he had done could make (Y/N) laugh.

But he was determined. He just needed some other way - something he hadn't tried yet...

Suddenly, he had an idea.

"(Y/N)-san. When was the last time you laughed?"

They thought for a moment, "I'm really not quite su-"

Before they could finish, Tanjiro dragged them to the floor. Both of them fell onto the floor with a small thud.

(Y/N) blushed slightly as they were on Tanjiro's chest, "Do you feel amused yet?"

"No."

"..."

"..."

Tanjiro groaned, "This is harder than I thought! (Y/N)-san you are a hard crowd to please!"

Suddenly, Tanjiro felt (Y/N) shaking slightly. He looked down at them, and his eyes sparkled.

(Y/N) was laughing. They got off of Tanjiro and held out a hand for Tanjiro, "I suppose seeing you try is mildly amusing."

Tanjiro smiled bright and took the hand that (Y/N) had offered to him. He stood up, punched the air.

"Mission Success!"

~

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this one. Again, not really much else to write for this. I'll aim for better next time.

Word Count: 427