🌸 Shinobu x Reader 🌸

ShinobuxGenderneutral!Reader
🌸 Fluff
I suppose it is
Request: SniperRye
⚠️ Warnings ⚠️: Short

A/N: This is Part Two of 'Thank you' with Shinobu.

~

Shinobu POV
Ever since (Y/N) had called my voice calming and soothing, I had found myself playing it on loop in my head.

I just couldn't stop thinking about it.

For the longest time, I had seen (Y/N) as a close friend that had always been there for me.

But now, I wasn't so sure if I wanted to be friends.

I wanted something more.

(Y/N) POV
You know when you're in your bed, trying to sleep at night...

When suddenly...

You remember something embarrassing you did or said?

That's what I felt at this moment.

My eyes were wide open, and the urge to sleep had abandoned me as I remembered what I had said to my crush just the day before.

I pulled the covers up and turned to my side, staring at the wall.

'Tomorrow, I promised Shinobu that I would meet with her.' I thought to myself. I began to wonder why, and it made me slightly anxious.

'Could it be about what I said? No, surely not...'

With that thought of empty comfort, I finally closed my eyes and drifted into a deep sleep.

~Breath of Time~
/Fourth Form, Irrelevance/

As I came closer to the butterfly mansion, I found butterflies in my own stomach.

'Why am I so nervous about this?' I questioned myself.

Since I had been here many times before, I didn't need any Kakushi to lead me to Shinobu's office.

Once I got there, I gingerly knocked on the door, "Come in." A sweet voice said from the other side.

Taking a deep breath, I opened the door to see Shinobu sitting at her desk, staring back at me with her usual smile and scrutinising stare.

"(N/N)-chan, come in." She said, gesturing to the stool next to her.

I sat down reluctantly and decided to start the conversation, "You wanted to see me, Shinobu-san?"

"Yes, it's a matter of great importance."

My hands tightened around my kneecaps and my breath hitched slightly, "What's wrong?" I asked, a hint of anxiety in my tone.

"Nothing is wrong. Whatever gave you that idea?" Shinobu answered plainly.

Now I was confused as hell.

"Okay, then... why did you ask for me?" I asked, scratching my head.

"To put it plainly, I like you a lot, (N/N)-chan." Shinobu said bluntly, smiling at me with a slight blush.

My face went red, "Wait wait wait! Hold on a damn minute... did Tomioka put you up to this?"

"I'm being genuine, (N/N)."

I crossed my arms over my chest and pouted, "Prove it." I said smugly.

And suddenly, I felt a pair of lips connect with my own. Even if was for a brief second, I could still feel the soft touch.

Shocked, I touched my lips with my two fingers as Shinobu leant back into her chair, "Is that enough proof for you...?" She asked, smiling still.

The only thing I could really say was, "I suppose it is..."

~

A/N: Alright, I'm trying, I'm trying. I will try to get back into my regular pace of writing soon ^w^""

Word Count: 540