🥀 Nezuko x Reader 🌸

NezukoxDemon!Fem!Reader
🥀 Angst - 🌸 Fluff
I wasn't going to let her suffer again
Request: (no-one)
⚠️ Warnings ⚠️: Blood, gore, Abuse

~

(Y/N) POV
I fell back and hit a tree behind me as the father demon struck me.

Panting, I slowly got up. I could hear father growling, brother laughing, mother whimpering and Rui saying something that I didn't bother to hear.

This was our family. It was supposed to be happy and peaceful, and we pretended as though it were so. But I wasn't satisfied by it.

Our family bonds were all fake. Everyone that saw the state we were in would be able to see that.

Even I cannot deny that. All this torture that we have to endure is not what families should be.

But then again, I wasn't sure what a real family was supposed to be like. If it wasn't suffering, what was it?

What was beyond the woods of our 'home' like for other families?

Happy ones.

Being a demon, I didn't remember what my family might have been like as a human, if I had one at all. This was all I knew.

Pain.

Suffering.

Futility.

All of this changed however...

All of it changed from the screams of our mother and growls of our father to nothing but silence.

All of it changed, when three demon slayers trespassers entered our home.

Tanjiro POV
Whilst me and Inosuke were fighting the puppets, I suddenly, felt something on my back shake and vibrate.

I looked back (as much as I could) and saw that it was Nezuko's box.

"Nezuko?"

There was no answer.

Suddenly, the box stopped shaking. Nezuko jumped out of the box and started running in a different direction.

"Nezuko!"

But I couldn't chase after her. I had to help the slayers.

'I hope you know what you're doing, Nezuko...'

(Y/N) POV
Father hit me hard and I fell to the floor, my eye bleeding badly. I looked up at him with hatred.

I knew he was going to finish me off.

Closing my eyes, I began to accept my fate, 'At least there will be no more pain...' I thought to myself, as I waited for the impact.

However, it never came.

I opened my eyes to see a girl - another demon - kick my father in the side of his head. Father was blown back and crashed into a tree.

My eyes wide, I looked up at the girl who had just saved my life. She came closer to me and I backed away, afraid she would hurt me.

But instead, she crouched down and put a hand on my cheek - right underneath my now healing wound.

We stared into each other's eyes for what seemed forever. Hers were a bright pink colour and showed no signs of aggression.

For the first time since I could remember, I felt safe.

Nezuko POV
Despite being with a group of hostile demons, she looked more scared than scary. She was really beautiful as well. I didn't understand why that other demon would want to harm her.

I heard running and turned to my side to see my big brother running towards me, followed by Inosuke.

"Nezuko, why did you-" he stopped when he saw the demon. Inosuke drew his swords and ran at her.

When the beautiful demon girl shrieked, I stepped in the way of Inosuke's swords and protected her.

Inosuke stopped just in time. Tanjiro looked confused, "Nezuko, you- you're protecting her?"

I could feel the girl gripping onto my leg as if her life depended on it, which it did, I suppose. I went out of my aggressive state and nodded.

Tanjiro sighed and began walking towards the girl. I knew he meant no harm, so I stayed close to the girl, reassuring her that he wouldn't harm her.

He crouched down, "I'm Tanjiro Kamado, what's your name?"

She was still shaking, but answered, "(Y/N)..."

"It's nice to meet you (Y/N)! Now, as long as you don't hurt us, we won't hurt you. Okay?"

(Y/N) nodded, "Okay, good. I'm sure you've met Nezuko, my little sister. And that's Inosuke."

(Y/N) still gripped onto me and stared defensively at Inosuke. I couldn't blame her, since he had just tried to kill her.

I, however, had a really good feeling. I knew that somehow, me and (Y/N) would get along just fine.

~Breath of Time~
/Second Form, Laziness/

Me and (Y/N) had both undergone a test to see if we would react to human blood.

Thankfully, the Master had both deemed us safe enough to continue living. I was super happy when (Y/N) was also able to stay with us.

It was night time, and we were in the butterfly mansion, braiding each other's hair. (Y/N) had a muzzle like me, so it wasn't easy for others to understand her anymore.

I could hear what she was saying perfectly fine, though. And the same applied to her.

We both knew exactly how to communicate with each other. (Y/N) had told me about how much she suffered. I was sad for her, but reassured her that she was safe now.

She even helped us against the Lower Moon demon, otherwise known as her little 'brother'.

Everything was okay now.

I loved (Y/N) with all my heart.

And I wasn't going to let her suffer again.

~

A/N: If you get the reference I made with the 'Pain, suffering, futility', then I just don't know what to say to you.

Word Count: 934