💖 Sanemi x Reader 💖

SanemixLittle!Sister!Demon!Reader
💖 Platonic Relationship
I won't let anything happen to you
Request: stories123__
⚠️ Warnings ⚠️: Short, Slight Blood, Strong Language

~

(Y/N) POV
Tanjiro Kamado and Nezuko Kamado were being held on trial. Trail by Hashira.

That much I knew.

And my big brother had to be there, as he was a hashira.

The Wind Hashira., Sanemi Shinazugawa.

I loved him so much, and looked up to him and my older twin Genya a lot.

Ever since I had been turned into a demon, Sanemi had been really supportive and kind - despite his hate for demons.

But somehow, I felt something wrong with him. Before he left for the trial, he had seemed a little... off.

For starters, he didn't say goodbye to me or Genya. Even if he was just going out for a moment, he always said something. And if not, he would leave a note.

Secondly, when Genya was asking him what was wrong, he didn't respond. I asked him as well, but I was also met with the same cold shoulder.

Genya had been the one to tell me about the trial. And so, I decided to do something with would probably get me scolded and grounded.

I was going to follow Sanemi.

And so I did so.

Now for the third reason. He didn't even seem to notice me following. My brother had a good sense of smell, so he should have at least known.

If he did, he would have immediately told me to go back.

Like everyone else, he respected the Master very much. Probably more than I have ever seen him respect anyone.

At one point, I got distracted following a butterfly. Look, I really liked butterflies, and was always curious about where they'd go.

But I had to get back on track.

When I was going in the same direction that my brother had been going in, I could hear voices - some of which were filled with aggression.

I hid around a corner and began to eavesdrop. My eyes widened at the sight.

Sanemi was holding a box by the straps of it and there was a boy on the floor, tied up and horrified.

Suddenly, my brother impaled the box with his Nichirin Sword, and took it out. I was terrified to see that blood covered the blade.

And worst of all...

I knew exactly what was inside.

"N-Nii-san...?" I emerged from my hiding spot. All the Hashiras stared at me in shock.

But none of the looks compared to my brother's. His face changed from what seemed like pleasure to pure guilt.

"(Y/N)? What-what are you doing here?" He stuttered.

"What's going on, Nii-san?" I asked him.

All of a sudden, I felt the tip of a blade on my neck. My eyes widened. The Snake Hashira had his blade in hand, about to decapitate me.

But Sanemi suddenly shouted, making all of the Hashira freeze. Even I was intimidated by the outburst.

"KEEP YOUR FUCKING SWORD AWAY FROM MY SISTER!"

"Shinazugawa, she's a demon." The snake Hashira argued.

"YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW THAT!? I KNOW, OKAY!? I BROKE DEMON SLAYER CORPS RULES AS WELL! YOU KNOW WHAT!? SCREW THIS!"

My brother grabbed me and held me close in a protective way. He then placed the box down in front of the tied up boy on the ground.

"THIS IS MY SISTER! I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF SHE'S A DEMON! SHE'S STILL THE SAME AND ALWAYS WILL BE!"

"N-Nii-san..." I had no words, but I was grateful. I looked down at the boy on the floor, who used his legs to sit upright and put his head on the box. He seemed also relieved.

"My~ we have two rule breakers here today?" The Insect Hashira said, "And one of them can beat the sun, it seems~"

"Back off!" Sanemi replied, tightening his grip slightly.

"The Master has arrived."

~Breath of Time~
/Second Form, Laziness/

I sat with my brother, leaning against the tree. It had been a long day for both of us.

Finally, after so long, I didn't have to hide from the Hashira or Demon Slayer Corps anymore.

But it didn't mean that I wasn't worried. I was mostly worried about my brother, and how he felt about the new arrangement.

"I don't care what they say." He suddenly said.

"What do you mean?"

"Even if they say that you can live, I don't trust it. Of course, I trust what the Master says, but that doesn't mean they won't try it."

"Nii-san, you worry too much."

"For good reason! But don't worry, I can promise you this. I promise I won't let anything happen to you..."

~

A/N: Sorry this took too long to publish. I got sidetracked and completely forgot what I was writing.

Word Count: 815