🥀 Tanjiro x Reader 🥀

Adult!TanjiroxMale!Reader
🥀 Angst
I couldn't be here in time
Request: (no-one)
⚠️ Warnings ⚠️: Blood, gore, Injury Detail, Vivid Descriptions

~

Tanjiro POV
I was running faster than the wind, ignoring the screams of my legs to stop and rest.

The branches around me made small scratches on my face, but I paid no attention to them.

'Come on, I have to be close by now...' I thought to myself desperately.

My crow had told me that there was a demon that could clone itself heading towards a house in the woods.

And it was the person that lived there that concerned me.

He was a great friend... no... lover. He was a great lover to me and I wanted to make sure that he was safe.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, I reached the familiar cottage and skidded to a halt. My face went pale at the sight before me.

The front door was open. And there was a trail of blood going into the house.

'The footprints of blood leading outside the house tells me hat the demon is gone...' I thought to myself.

Now, usually, one would be relieved at this conclusion. However, it can also mean that the demon has finished devouring its victim.

'Which means...' my breath hitched and I ran into the house, following the crimson trail.

And the scene I saw was not unexpected, however, it came as a shock to me.

There he was...

(Y/N) (L/N).

My head was spinning and I felt a little bit sick. He was barely even recognisable.

Parts of his flesh were gone, and one of his eyes were even missing. A piece of his skull was gone, and there were claw marks on his face.

There was even a pool of dried blood around him.

I fell to my knees. My vision became blurry, and salty tears fell to the blood stained floor.

"(Y/N)..."

~Breath of Time~
/Third Form, Flashback/

"Hey, (Y/N)-san?"

The (H/C) boy turned his head to me, "Yes Tanjiro?"

"Sorry for being late, again."

At my apology, he smiled, "Don't worry, I can wait forever for you. Just try to be on time next time."

"Will do, (Y/N)-san!"

"I just... I'm so sorry..." my voice was breaking, and the lump in my throat was painful.

"I couldn't be here in time..."

~

A/N: I feel like I made the description more gruesome than I usually would, so I tried to put as many warnings as I could at the start.

Word Count: 432