𝟏𝟎, 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭

Start from the beginning

On the bed there was a man of color lying down, in what seemed to be a heavy sleep. Natasha looked at the man, shaking her head. Turning to face Athena with a grin on her face. Athena only raised an eyebrow. "Oh, don't be so... Steve." Natasha whispered.

Natasha then kicked the bed, the man waking up in surprise. "You're in my bed, or should I say, my daughter's bed." Natasha said. "I'm not even in the covers. And what do you mean your daughter? Since when do you- I thought you couldn't- What? Am I still dreaming?" Said Rick Mason.

"Not biologically, but she's the closest thing I'll ever get to a kid of my own. Now, did you get everything on my list?" Natasha then followed up. "I got passports, entry visas, a couple local driver's licenses. Now I get why you wanted two of everything. I was wondering who the girl was." He said as he walked out of the room.

"Athena Maximoff. Nice to meet you." The teenage girl half smiled. "Rick Mason. Pleasure is all mine. I've been waiting to meet Cosmic. Black Widow's great and all, but sometimes you prefer the prodigies, you know?" He joked knowing Natasha was glaring at him.

"Mixed and matched. You should be able to stretch out about twenty identities or so. As for Athena, I wasn't able to do as much." Rick said, handing natasha a large envelope. "She'll only need one or two. Thank you." Natasha said.

"Fanny Longbottom?" Athena let out a faint chuckle once she read Natasha's new identity. "Seriously?" Natasha shook her head. "What?" Rick questioned innocently. "What are you? Twelve?"

"That is a legitimate name." Rick chuckled. "Yeah, maybe in Harry Potter." Athena shrugged, "Did you really get Longbottom from Neville?" No answer, only a subtle nod. Natasha having only rolled her eyes in a playful manner. 

"What's mine?" Questioned Athena. "Uh..." Natasha searched for Athena's new identity. "Thea Martin." Answered Natasha, handing the girl the fake id. "Reminds me of Thea Queen, Oliver Queen's sister. I like it." She smiled. "I still can't believe you prefer oliver over Clint."

"We've got a generator outside. It's petrol powered. And the septic tank we need to flush in a couple weeks, but, you know, I've got a guy for that." More was said from Rick, but Athena seemed to have tuned it out. She sat on the couch and was simply looking around, observing every detail of the trailer.

"Something about the Avengers getting divorced." Seemed to snap Athena back into reality. She looked down at her hands, a slight frown on her lips as she missed Wanda and Steve more by the minute. 

"Ugh. It's fine. I'm actually better on my own, with my kid. Besides, I made a promise that everything will work out in the end. I know it will." Natasha responded, her gaze falling on a sad looking Athena. 

"Are you sure?" Questioned Rick. "Yeah." It didn't sound very convincing, but Natasha knew it had to be, more for Athena's sake. "Because you can tell me, you know. That's the way the whole friends thing works."

"I know. I have friends." Natasha nodded. "People who have friends don't call me." Rick put his hands up. "That sounded very backhand towards yourself..." Athena murmured. "Yeah, I know." Rick sighed.

 "I don't pay you to worry." Natasha told Rick quietly enough so Athena herself wouldn't worry about her. WIth that Rick exited the trailer, sending a final glance at Natasha. "Oh, hey. What's all this junk?" She questioned, kicking the ox that was on the ground besides the door.

"Oh, just some mail and personals from the Budapest safe house." Rick answered, Natasha's facial expression changed. "Budapest?" She repeated. "Yeah. Budapest." He nodded. "No it's butapesh." Natasha said. "Budapest."

"Whatever. I knew you were never going back there, so I've got someone else in that flat now." Shrugged Rick. "So you went through the trouble? She would have had you just toss it." Athena spoke out. "Yeah, I would've." Natasha nodded.