151. ten years later gg

Start from the beginning

"Oh congratulations darling!" Miss Patty hugged Rory again.

"Have either of you seen Luke?" Rory asked them hopefully.

"He went upstairs 10 minutes ago darling."

"Thank you." Rory grinned. "It was so good to see you."

Rory climbed the stairs up the back of the Diner, after shouting a greeting to Caesar in the kitchen and wasn't surprised to hear cursing coming from the small office/apartment.

"Luke?" Rory called out once she'd stepped through the threshold, dropping her bag beside the door.

"Yeah?" Came the muffled reply, followed by crashing and another curse before Luke fully emerged from the bedroom. "Rory!" Rory met him half way in a hug, laughing.

"My is it good to see you!" Rory said into Luke's shoulder, pulling back from Luke and straightening out her uniform unconsciously. "How are you?"

"I'm good I'm good." Luke nodded. "I was looking for something, but the damn box is too heavy. My knee's aren't what they used to be." Luke explained on the sly, to which Rory giggled in amusement.

"Where's the box going?" Rory asked.

"The Inn, your mum wants to change the pictures on the wall to something a little more festive." Luke rolled his eyes. Rory was upset she'd missed thanksgiving, but was excited for Christmas.

"How bout I get the box of paintings, you grab my bag, and we'll both head over to the Inn now?" Rory proposed, and Luke reluctantly nodded.

"Be careful though, it's quite... heavy." Rory had rounded the corner and picked up the box, carrying it like it weighed nothing. "You are something else."

"You love me really." Rory laughed. "Now, lets go. I wanna surprise mum before news of my return spreads to the Inn."

When they got to the Inn 20 minutes later, Rory was buzzing with excitement but also slightly nervous. Luke could obviously tell, but much to Rory's relief he didn't say anything to her. She climbed out of the truck and Rory pulled on her cap, before rounding the truck and picking the box of paintings up and following Luke inside. Unsurprisingly, Michel was standing at the front desk and if he was surprised to see her putting the box down beside the desk, he didn't show it.

"Well if it isn't little Captain Gilmore." Michel drawled, but Rory merely smiled at him cheerily.

"That's little Major Gilmore now, Michel."

"Oh congratulations." Rory honestly could not tell if he was being serious or not but didn't dwell on it. "Your mother is in the kitchen."

"Thank Michel." Rory waved before walking off, heading towards the kitchen only to freeze when she was Lorelai standing taking with a guest in the dining hall. Lorelai had her back to Rory, and Rory took a moment before clearing her throat and catching her mother's attention.

"Hey mum."

"Rory!"