127. fast cars - cm, ff

Start from the beginning

"As if i'm missing out on a chance to finally see Spence drive." JJ laughed and Spencer blushed.

"If i play my cards right not only will we find this Unsub, i'll have myself a shiny new ten-second car and some cash."

Spencer climbed out of the SUV outside the garage Spencer helped an old friend set up years ago.

"Tej, man how you doin!" Spencer called when he spotted the darker skinned man wiping his hands on an oily rag.

"Well i'll be dammed." Tej drawled, the two of them doing that handshake slap on the back greeting. "If it isn't little Toretto. What you doin here man? Last i heard you were a feeb."

"I am still, Tej." Spencer reminded him loftily. "We're chasin' a murderer who's been huntin' street racers. The good ones, like Mikey and Frankie."

"Shit man. Frankie and Mikey are dead?" Tej swore again when Spencer nodded. "Does Letty know?" Frankie was Spencer's brother in law, was the brother of Dom's wife Letty. Hell, she didn't even know about Frankie's death yet, but Spencer knew he had to find the bastard who did it before he could tell her, so she didn't do anything stupid.

"Not yet." Spencer shook his head. "I'm gonna drive out there after i find the bastard."

"Alright man, what do you need?"

"I need a car." Spencer shared a grin with Tej, who returned it with a nod.

"I got you man."

3 hours later Reid finally left the garage, his usually perfectly pressed clothes covered in a dark blue boiler suit, hair all messed up and motor oil on his cheek, but he looked satisfied. He motioned them over, and they entered the garage to find Spencer leaning over the engine of a damn good lookin car. The car was a 2006 Mazda rx-8 painted blue, silver wheels and a high black spoiler with two NOS tanks in the back and a modified engine. His arm was half way inside the car, biting his tongue in concentration.

"Damn, Reid."

"This is your car?" Rossi asked in awe.

"Nah, my car's in a storage unit back in DC." Spencer shook his head and pulled back, looking satisfied and closed the hood, wiping his hands off on a spare cloth. "This is a loan, belongs to my sisters husband. Tej keeps a couple of our cars here for when we come to Miami, but i totalled mine last time i was here."

"The car accident." Rossi remembered. "When you came into work with a concussion and a sprained knee and Hotch sent you home after nearly passing out?"