123. living and breathing - spn

Beginne am Anfang

"Of course." Cas nodded steadily. "Nobody i'd rather be with."

"Good." Dean smirked. He slid the silver ring onto Cas' ring finger, something settling in his chest that had been bugging him since the night Cas died. "Now, i think we've got some things to get reacquainted on."

"I believe so." Cas agreed seriously, before a grin was evident that Dean couldn't help but return as the frantic scramble to remove the others clothes began.

When Cas woke up, he felt content. He usually slept when he was in the bunker, since pattering around the place by himself was really quite boring and a little strange, so he'd sleep, and dream. And he always woke up with Dean plastered against his back, an arm slung over his hip and the other beneath his head, no matter the dream, good or bad. They were naked, but there was a blanket covering them from the waist down and their legs were tangled together. Cas loved waking up like this.

"I can hear you thinking." Dean mumbled into Cas' neck, tightening his hold on the angel. "Stop."

"Sorry." Cas turned around so he was facing Dean. He took in the freckles and the beautiful green eyes, smiling lightly. "I just missed you."

"I missed you too." Dean whispered, pulling Cas closer. "Now shut up and go back to sleep." Cas chuckled but didn't protest and sunk back into Dean's arms with his nose pressed in the crook of Dean's neck and dozed off again.

The case Dean had picked was in Dodge City, Kansas. Cas immediately knew why Dean had liked the town, but was still confused as to why they were dressed like Texas Rangers but decidedly stayed silent since it was rather cute. After talking at length with Jack about his mother and once Cas was sure Jack would be okay on his own for 4 hours or so, Cas stepped into the sleeping area and pulled off his coat, suit jacket, shoes, tie, shirt and slacks, leaving him in an undershirt, boxers and socks. He climbed into the bed beside Dean, who immediately moulded himself to Cas' back and sighed contently, pressed together from ankle to shoulder. Settling into the warmth of Dean, Cas let sleep take him.

When Cas woke up, it was unfortunately quite harsh.

"Aaarrhhh!" Dean pointed his gun at someone, and Cas just about fell out of bed from how hard he'd been shoved, only Dean's arm around his waist stopping him from falling, though it was a weak grip and in his sleep-addled mind he didn't quite notice his body slipping.

"Woah, woah, it's me Dean. It's me!" Jack rushed out, holding his hands out. "Don't shoot."

"Oh." Dean shoved the gun back under his pillow, grabbing Cas around the stomach seconds before he fell off the bed. "Who's making coffee?" His voice muffled by Cas' t-shirt, and Sam couldn't stop the fond smile. Cas still looked startled, but he placed a hand on the back of Dean's neck.

Dean and Cas were in bed back in the bunker, and Jack was gone.

"You'll find him, Cas." Dean said, dragging his angel closer and pressing their foreheads together, caressing his cheek gently with his thumb. Cas sighed, shuffling closer even more.

"How can you be so sure?"

"You came back to me." Dean said with a 'duh' in his tone. "You can find anyone." Cas didn't bother to reply, just tucked his face into Dean's neck and held him tightly, and Dean just held him back.

authors note
fucking LOVE destiel yo