121. amy santiago-dinozzo - ncis, b99

Start from the beginning

"Uh, as much as i appreciate the offer, sir, i'm moving to New York at the end of the month to live with my wife." Tony explained. "She's a Sergeant with the NYPD's 99th precinct."

"That works out well then." Ross stated. "Since you'd be taking over the New York branch." For the second time, Tony blinked, gaping.

"You want me to run the FBI's New York Office?"

"That's exactly what i want you to do to DiNozzo." Tony was a little lost for words, and Hernandez could see that. "Listen Tony, i wouldn't be offering you this job if i didn't think you were more than qualified to do it. In the opinion of SecNav, Morrow, myself, and many other higher ups including Vance, you should have been in the running for a promotion years ago. I am merely offering you what you deserve Tony."

"I... I'd be honoured, sir."

Tony pulled his phone out of his suit jacket - three-piece, navy blue with light blue pinstripes and a blue pocket square - and checked his messages.

'5 missed calls from Abby'

'2 missed calls from Probie'

'1 missed call from Director Hernandez'

'1 missed call from Gibbs'

'2 messages from 'Amy Santiago'

'66 messages from Abby'

'1 voicemail from Gibbs'

Tony chuckled, but deleted the messages from Abby without reading them, then blocked and removed her from his phone. She hadn't taken him leaving very well and had been sending him angry messages for a while now and didn't feel any regret blocking her. He listened to the voicemail from Gibbs and made a mote to call Hernandez back.

"DiNozzo. Listen, i understand the choice you made now. I'll admit it took a slap from ducky and a yelling at from McGee surprisingly for me to open my eyes. Let me know the next time you're in DC, i'll make steaks for you and Amy. End of message."

After paying the cabbie and getting out, Tony made his way up to where the detective Squad would be. Upon stepping out of the elevator, Tony scanned the desks, but was surprised not to find Amy in the squad room. Tony stepped past the gate, and was about to go into the Captain's office to ask where she might be when suddenly he had a face full of Detective Jake Peralta.

"Hi, i'm Detective Jake Peralta, can i help you?"

"I'm looking for Sergeant Amy Santiago." Tony offered up, because he didn't have much to loose.

"Of course you are." Jake said, a little awkwardly and Tony couldn't help the chuckle that escaped him.

"Anthony DiNozzo. Call me Tony." He introduced himself. "Amy and I have dinner plans after my meeting with Captain Holt. I'm thinking Italian, ice cream and then passing out from a food coma."

"Tony!" Amy's surprised gasp was clearly a shock to everyone in the bullpen - probably because they didn't know she was on this floor and that she knew the stranger nobody else seemed to. "What are you doing here? I thought you weren't going able to get here until next week?"

"Surprise?" Tony offered with a grin that had Amy practically melting on the spot. "Director Hernandez offered me a job with the FBI. I start on Monday, hence the early surprise."

"Wait he's a Fed?" Jake asked in surprise, looking at the smartly dressed Agent in surprise. Amy rolled her eyes at Jake, instead stepped right up onto her tiptoes and kissed Tony lightly before pulling away.

"Did you mention a food coma?" Amy inquired suddenly, and Tony grinned.

"Oh yeah. Italian restaurant with an all-you-can-eat buffet. You in?" Tony asked like she'd say no.

"That sounds wonderful." Amy smiled, and all of her friends relaxed, because Amy was happy, and clearly Tony knew their girl, and she was in capable hands.

authors note
felt like a new story needed to be published here yah go