Chapter 42 - Beginning of the End

Even with blood dripping from her head and the flames around us growing closer, nearly burning, she looks just like a dream.

The prettiest girl I've ever seen.
Snape thinks.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Care to explain this?"

Nymphadora Tonks grabs at your left hand, pulling it up. She kneels on the bench you're sitting on, raising her brows. She's sporting a red jean jacket, fluffy skirt, and purple hair today. You're a bit jealous of her metamorphagus abilities.

"What? It's a ring." You say, coyly.

Tonks brings it up closer, eyes growing wide.

"On your ring finger? This looks like an-"

You stand, pressing your hand over her mouth.

"Shhh!" You shush.

Dumbledore called an Order meeting last minute. You're a little pissed because you've had little sleep - classes ended for the day and you rushed to use the Floo, yet Dumbledore isn't at his own meeting. You find it odd.

You know from last night that Harry and Dumbledore are doing something this evening, after dinner. Looking for a horcrux - information you're forbidden to disclose. It's three in the evening now. Five is dinner. You wonder if you should offer to go with them.

You peak behind Tonks, still hearing the laughing of Sirius, Remus, and Kingsley from down the hall of Grimmauld Place.

"Professor Snape proposed?" Tonks demands.

You pull your hand out of hers, feeling blood rush to your cheeks.

"I see a ring on your finger, too." You point out.

Tonks laughs, holding it up.

"Yes...not as fancy as that bloody diamond! Didn't think Professor Snape had taste." Tonks laughs.

You roll your eyes, sitting back down. Snape does too have taste. He asked to marry you, after all.

"It was my mothers. Sev put the black diamond in it." You murmur.

Tonks beams down to you.

"Where is the greasy git, anyway?" She asks.

You narrow your eyes on her.

"Please, don't call him that." You murmur.

Tonks apologizes. You clear your throat.

"It isn't wise for him...to meet with the Order anymore." You brush off.

Tonks eyes soften. Snape can't risk being seen meeting with the Order - if he ever is, Voldemort will expect the information from him.

"So, Tonks, you chose Remus instead of Hannah?" You wonder.

Tonks rolls her eyes.

"Hannah pushed me away...said she was too old for me." Tonks murmurs, a little disappointedly.

You nod, agreeing. Tonks is younger than you are, and Hannah is in her fifties. They couldn't live long together.