Chapter 18 - Third Task

When the day of the third task comes, you find yourself sad. You don't know where you're going to stay over the summer - you have no home in the United Kingdom. You sold your home in America. Hannah's house, your godmother's home, is looking real welcoming right now for you. Unfortunately, that's in Canada. And Severus does not live in Canada. You begin to think of your options. No one will rent out a flat for two months, so getting a roof over your head that way is off the table. You could use the imperious curse and make an apartment owner rent you out a room for free, somewhere nice in London. You could also go to Azkaban for it. You suppose it isn't worth the risk.

Severus and you are walking to the stadium outside of the maze, not speaking, but enjoying each other's company. It's a cool, summer day so you're in a short sleeved, light grey tunic dress. Of course, Severus is in his robes and cloak - you aren't sure how he isn't always hot. He purposely keeps brushing his hand agaisnt yours and you can't help but smile when he does.

"Wanna bet on who wins?" You ask, approaching the entrance of the stadium.

Snape clicks his tongue, finding betting on things like this distasteful. He doesn't reply for a moment - he's thinking.

"Perhaps. What are we wagering?" He inquires.

You put your finger to your chin, beginning to think. You walk down into the stadium and take a seat. You sit on Snape's right while Minerva is on the left. Students bustle around, telling each other who they think will win. Many people are here - ministry employees, foreign spectators, and friends and families of the champions.

"If you win...what do you want?" You wonder.

Snape looks up, debating, then glances back to you.

"I'd like you to...stay here over the summer. You're thinking of returning to America?" Snape explains.

You shrug.

"Canada, actually. Where my godmother is." You explain.

Snape nods slowly, humming.

"Hannah." He states.

You smile, nodding back to him, glad he's remembered her.

"Where would I stay, if you even win this bet?" You ask, arrogantly.

Snape looks at you displeasingly.

"Ideally...near me." He suggests.

You stare at him - his dark eyes are searching you for any signs of hesitance.

"Near you or...with you?" You voice.

Snape purses his lips. He doesn't know what is going on between the two of you - he doesn't want it to vanish for the two month break, though. His summer would surely be very different from any one he's ever had - he'd be spending it with a friend. His friend. The woman his heart is feeling many things for.

"You have your own house?" You ask.

He shrugs, glancing down to Dumbledore who is speaking to Moody in front of the maze.

"My family home. I only stay during the summer. It isn't...anything spectacular." He admits.

He continues staring forward, his hair framing his face - he does this often, you've observed. Hiding his face with his hair. You lean down so you can see him.

"I think...if we're together, we can make anything spectacular." You whisper.

Snape glances to you, not finding the words to say. You hold your finger up.

"If I win, you owe me a favor." You inform.

Snape's eyes look up, in a moment of annoyance, but it isn't bad annoyance. You think he enjoys being irritated, but only if it is by you.