83 - He Was There

An hour later, around 5:30 am for her and 2:30am for him, Rylee called Sebastian back, putting it on speaker.

"Hey, how'd it go?" Sebastian asked gently, carefully, as if he was afraid to rock the boat. He had had enough time to get his nerves in check after they hung up the phone earlier.

"It went well, you're on speaker by the way. I talked with that detective we spoke to in the meeting before, Josh. He took note of everything and they're sending out a few cars to patrol the area around our apartment and they're going to look over surveillance as well. But.." Rylee stopped for a moment.

"But what Ryles?" Sebastian asked.

"He asked if both Alexa and I had another safe place to stay. He suggested we maybe head out of town for the week...we were thinking of getting a hotel or an Airbnb outside the cit-"

"Why don't you both just fly back out here?" Sebastian thought aloud.

Rylee looked at Alexa and they both shrugged, not a terrible idea.

"It gets you out of the city...you'll be with Chris and I...there's security here..."

"I...yeah, I didn't think of that. But, we don't want to bother you guys during wo-"

"Rylee Ann Summers, don't you dare ever say you think you're a bother. You are anything but. Same goes to you, Alexa - whatever your middle name is - Davis."

Alexa laughed at the comment, "Quinn."

"Huh?"

"It's Alexa Quinn Davis. If you're going to threaten me with kind words at least know my full name," Alexa laughed.

"Noted. So...how about I order tickets for you both and send them to you Alexa? Get you girls out here tomorrow?"

"What about work though...We've gotta talk to Johnny. Sort this all out..." Rylee thought aloud.

"He's probably still awake to be honest, that guy never sleeps. We can try to call him... explain what's going on." Alexa replied.

"Okay. Seb, will Kevin be okay with all of this?" Rylee asked, worrying her lip.

"I'll make him be okay with it if he's not. And even so, he loves you girls, I'm pretty sure he wished you hadn't left LA in the first place." Sebastian commented, "Anddd done."

Rylee was about to ask what was done when Alexa's phone pinged with a notification about a new email, titled Tickets.

"That was quick..." Rylee said as she opened the email to view the two tickets Sebastian had bought for them, for tomorrow, well, today... at 12:00 pm.

"Look good?" Sebastian asked.

"Yes...thank you..." Rylee was starting to feel emotional about all of this again. She thought she had buried it down enough after they talked it all through with Josh, but having Sebastian be so involved with trying to make things okay just made her feelings of love and pride well up.

"Of course, love." Sebastian responded easily, "so, if you girls are good on your end, I'm going to go wake up the beast next door and explain what's going on. And I'll also text Kevin about it. But he won't care."

"Alrighty, we'll call you later, love you," Rylee stated.

"Okay, love you too, bye."

As they hung up, Rylee felt a huge weight just melt right off of her shoulders, she could've wept with relief.

——————————

Alexa and Rylee tried to get some rest but they couldn't catch a wink, so they decided to just start packing around 8:00. Rylee was extremely glad that she had a drawer full of clothes and basic necessities at Alexa's apartment since she was there so much. She didn't want to have to go to her apartment if she didn't have to.