12 - Is That Code?

Rylee and Alexa had just finished off the two bottles of pink moscato Rylee had in her kitchen, buzz fully kicked in for both of them. Alexa was sitting on the floor, legs stretched out, with her back resting against the couch while Rylee laid with her head in her lap. They were still chatting away about random bits of life. Chris. Ruby's. Creepy Randy down the hall. Sebastian.

Ping.

Speak of the devil. Rylee held up her phone to show Alexa who just texted her. "Ooooo lover boy." Rylee rolled her eyes and giggled, opening his message.

Seb
Hey you

Ryles
Hey ☺️
long time no talk lol
What's up?

Seb
Not much...
I know our dates tomorrow...
but are you free tonight?
There's something I wanna talk to you about,
but I'd rather talk in person.

The first few lines made her heart dance, but the last two made it trip and fall into a ravine. How are they already about to have a "we need to talk" moment...they aren't even dating.

"Ry, you okay?" Alexa asked. She saw her happily typing away and then her body seemed to stiffen up.
Rylee just held her phone up for her to read over.

"Huh..well..that's something. I'll punch him for you. Can I punch him?" Alexa was still letting the wine talk for her.

Rylee just laughed, forgetting the message for half a second. "Lex.. we don't even know what it's about. Let's give him a chance before we throw punches."

"Why d'you always gotta be so level headed?" Alexa drunkenly giggled, throwing her hands in the air.

Ping.

Seb
Ryles?

Ryles
Yeah. Sorry. Lex is here and she distracted me.
I can absolutely be free tonight

Seb
We can talk another time if you and Alexa are hanging out.

Ryles
No no, she was just about to leave.
You can come over.

"Rude." Alexa laughed out loud, reading as Rylee typed.

Seb
Okay
Be over in half an hour?

Ryles
Sounds good

"So is that my cue to leave, cause I sure as fuck can't drive." Alexa gestured to the empty wine glass beside them. "Hold on. I got this.." Alexa took out her phone and hit redial.

Rylee listened carefully, wondering what she was doing. She couldn't hear the person on the other end of the conversation, but she caught on quickly.

"Heyyy Chris... I'm swell, how're you?..."
"Well I was wondering if I could ask for a favor..."
"I'm at Rylee's and we mayyy be a biiiit wine drunk and-..."
"Yeah we're okay...yeah..."
"She just invited Sebastian over and I was hoping to hightail it outta here before he-..."
"No, she's not kicking me out...he's coming over to chat about something..."
"I dunno what about...maybe it's their code for sex..who knows-..."
"Chris I'm joking...I think...anyway if I send you her address could you come pick me up?..."
"You're amazing...thank you...uh huh...okay bye!"

"What a sweetheart." Alexa said as she ended their call. "Chris is going to come pick me up so you and Sebastian can have your alooone time."

"Gee thanks," Rylee laughed. How did she find such an over the top friend.

--------------------