72 - You Can Ask Him

Sebastian wasn't gone for too long, but when he walked back in, Rylee was awake and was chatting away with the other girls in the room, curtain pulled the whole way open.

"How'd you two meet?"

"Well funny enough, my friend got drunk at a wedding and indirectly gave him my number." She smirked and then laughed thinking about it. She made sure not to mention Chris or Alexa since they've been pretty decent so far at keeping things under wraps.

"Are you talking about how you met the dashing George Clooney?" Sebastian asked as he entered the room with his large coffee.

The girls chuckled, and Rylee rolled her eyes with a loving smile, "Yeah, George is lovely."

Sebastian sat down in the chair on Rylee's right, facing the rest of the room.

"You two are so cute together." Abby said.

"Thanks, he's okay." Rylee joked.

Sebastian scrunched his nose at Rylee with a smirk.

The group continued chatting for the next hour or so until the nurses came around and said that visiting hours were over.

Abby, Ryleigh, and Charlotte bent down to hug Devyn and started saying their goodbyes. As they started to walk out they paused by Rylee and Sebastian. Charlotte, Devyn's mom spoke up first,  "I'm guessing you guys will be gone in the morning, but it was really nice meeting you two, you're very lovely," she smiled.

"It was nice to meet you all too," Rylee replied, Sebastian nodding in agreement.

There was a silence when Abby and Ryleigh looked back and forth between one another.

Rylee looked between them both, reading their minds, "You can ask him. He'll say yes." She laughed lightly.

Sebastian raised an eyebrow at Rylee and then looked at the girls.

Ryleigh was the brave one who, instead of asking, just stuck her arms out wide but inserted a shrug as if asking for a hug.

Sebastian laughed, and stood up taking Ryleigh into an embrace. He did the same with Abby, and of course, with Charlotte as well. "It was really nice to meet you all and to hang out! Be safe getting home."

"Bye Devyn! Bye Rylee and Sebastian!" They all said mishmashed together as they left, the room falling quiet.

"Thanks for...humoring them." Devyn mentioned quietly, between breaths.

"They're great, we're glad you guys were the ones we got as roommates and not some crazies."  Rylee stated.

Sebastian nodded, adding, "Yeah, you've been very lovely too."

"I'll put it...on my college apps," she waved her hand in the air like she was displaying something remarkable, "Sebastian Stan...thinks I'm lovely."

"Hey, I'll sign off on it." Sebastian smirked as they all laughed.

"Well thanks again for the... 'lovely' hang sesh, but I'm...going to catch some sleep....Would you mind ....hitting the lights?" Devyn asked.

"Sure thing, have a good night, Devyn. If you need anything, just holler." Sebastian mentioned as he hit the lights, bringing the room to a faint dim setting.

"Night Devyn!" Rylee tacked on with a small wave.

——————————

"Alright Miss Nevaro, are you ready to get up and about?"

Sebastian had fallen asleep on the chair yet again, his arms crossed over his chest, hat over his face. But when the nurse came in to talk to Devyn, he had woken up.