28 - Short Notice

It's been two weeks since that perfect Friday and life for Sebastian and Rylee has been going, as Rylee would say "swimmingly."

They're back to their usual of seeing each other when they can between long hours at both Ruby's and with filming. Some days they only get to have quick coffee runs, and other days they get to spend entire evenings blissfully in bed together.

Sebastian was walking off the lot as the sun was beginning to set behind him. He was walking towards his car, about to make his way home when he texted Rylee, even though she was just starting her shift at work.

Seb
Hey you

Ryles
Hey there
How was your day?

Seb
Alright I guess
Got some news today that's kinda meh

Ryles
Uh oh. What's meh?

Seb
I've gotta fly down to Georgia for like a week.

Ryles
Doesn't sound too terrible. When do you leave?

Seb
Tomorrow.

Ryles
Oooooo. Yikes

Seb
Yeah. Not a fan of short notice travel.
But we have to do some extra shoots there that we can't do here. I guess they already have everything set up down there or something.

As Sebastian was typing, his phone rang. He abandoned the text and answered it.

"Hey. You're supposed to be working diligently." Sebastian chuckled as he opened his car door and sat in the drivers seat.

"Shh. I'm hiding in the walk-in. Working a whole lot." Rylee sat on the empty bottom shelf of the cold refrigerator rack in the kitchen of Ruby's. She was only in there for 30 seconds and was already feeling the bite of the 35 degree box. "Anyway. Do I get to see you before you go?" He could hear her pout through the phone.

"Well..my flights supposed to be at 9:00."

"A.M.?" Rylee groaned.

Sebastian chuckled again, "Yes, 9:00 am. But I was thinking...I could pick you up from work, if you'd be up for hanging out for a while."

"That's nothing a little Redbull can't fix." Rylee commented, starting to shiver a bit from the cold, bouncing her leg for warmth. "Alrighty. Well then, I'll see you around 4:00?"

"Yep, I'mmm gonna go home and catch a nap. I'll see you later."

"Jealous," she smirked, "bye Seb."

"Bye baby." Sebastian said as he hung up the phone. He was still annoyed at how last minute this trip was, but at least he'd get to see Rylee before he left.

He decided on his drive home that he would quickly pack his bag so he didn't have to do it later during his and Rylee's time together. And that's what he did. Which led to him crashing on the couch and promptly falling asleep.

——————————

Rylee's night at Ruby's was completely and utterly dragging. The crowd was pretty consistent and steady but she really just wanted to be home with Sebastian before she had to miss him for a week.