64 - Nice Way to Wake Up

Just as Morgan said, like clockwork on Monday morning, an agent called Sebastian and asked him and Rylee to come to the police station to discuss the findings between all three companies.

There was a light layer of snow covering the ground in some places, but most of it had turned to grey slush under the New York City foot traffic.

Sebastian and Rylee slowly made their way towards the door, careful not to slip on any excess slush and breathed in the warm air of the police station when they entered.

They were ushered back to a meeting room where a variety of people were already seated. Morgan and Jane were there as well as a representative named Steve from StuntWorks, a representative from OSHA named Catherine, and two investigators with the police named Josh and Mary.

Most of what was said was what Morgan had already told Sebastian over the phone.

All three individual companies completed their own audit and investigation and after coming together to discuss their results, had come to the conclusion that Sebastian's rigging had been tampered with.

"Have you heard the name Kevin McGrath before?" Josh asked.

Sebastian shook his head, "No, no I haven't."

"That was the name used to sign off on the safety check for your equipment that morning. All other rig runners and inspectors on set that entire week were interviewed a few days after the incident. But a Kevin McGrath was nowhere to be found and no one recognized that name or the man we found footage of." Josh stated matter of factly.

They played a video of the man walking along the side of set and to the harness equipment. It's difficult to see, but it looks as though he took out a small bolt cutter and cut a slit into the wire used on the harness. Not visible unless being looked for, and since he signed the papers, Sebastian's rig was skipped over by all other rig employees, by none of their faults. They simply followed protocol. If a rig is already signed off, move on to the next one.

The rest of the five minute footage is the man walking away. It can now be seen on the video that Sebastian and Chris even walked right past the man. As they were walking towards set, he was walking out. It made Sebastian sick to his stomach to see. He could've reached out and touched the guy, that's how close they got.

Rylee could feel the tension radiating off of Sebastian's body. She reached under the table and laced her hand into his, squeezing it gently.

The worst part for Sebastian was that he always made it a point to know everyone he worked with, even if it was just their name. So this was like a slap in the face. If he would've paid attention and really saw this man, he may have questioned who he was at the time.

"We are currently running this man through our system but so far nothing has come up. But we'll keep everyone updated if anything comes up. In the mean time," Josh paused.

"Sebastian," Josh called and Sebastian looked at him.

"Is there anyone out there that you believe would possibly want to harm you?"

Sebastian thought for a moment and then looked at Rylee, who nodded.

"Rylee and I have talked about it and the only person we can fathom having motive to do this would be Michael Wright."

"And who is that, for the record," Josh asked, pointing his pen to the recording device on the table.

"Michael Wright is the abusive ex-boyfriend of my girlfriend, Rylee Summers. She has had a PFA as well as an EPO against him and he is currently in jail serving 45 years for trying to murder Rylee."