Chapter 12: Over The Top Bickering!

Start from the beginning

While this was the scene with the elder couple, Charlotte who was sitting opposite to them was busy playing peek-a-boo with Lulu. Yes, little Lulu was sprawled over Rowan's huge study table as if she had owned it.

Eric for sure is a momma's boy but the bonding he and Rowan shared was so special. They never behaved like father and son. They were best friends; more than that!

And of course, like most of the daughters, even Charlotte is a papa's girl. And why not? Rowan treated her like a little princess like most of the fathers. This girl never missed a single opportunity to spend time with her dad; let that be any time of the day.

"LOL! Look at her dad. She is so cute." Charlotte said covering a little napkin over Lulu's little head while Rowan smiled and looked at her saying, "I know sweetheart. And my little princess is cute too."

Hunching a little forward, Charlotte playfully squeezed Rowan's cheeks chirping like a little bird, "Awww! You are cho chweet papa!"

Oh that wonderful moment shared by a loving father and super loving daughter!

Ruby, who has been watching them all this while, narrowed her eyes into thin slits playfully and pouted saying, "Yeah, yeah! Looks like papa is the only 'chweet' one here. Nobody loves momma!"

Sensing the little silly jealousy in tone and seeing that cute little pout on his wife's face, Rowan chuckled loudly and teased he more saying, "Charlotte, looks like something is burning!"

Of course he earned a glare from his wife while Charlotte broke into a series of laughter!

As the father-daughter duo did a high-five and had fun at poor Ruby's expense, she rolled her eyes saying, "Let Eric come back. My son and I will have fun teasing you both."

"Keep on dreaming sweetheart!" Rowan said playfully squeezing Ruby's cheek and even before she could give him a snarky come back, Rowan's phone started ringing.

"Eric!" He whispered looking at his phone and Ruby's eyes sparkled in excitement while Charlotte rolled her eyes saying, "Talk about the devil!"

Without paying much attention to her, Ruby snatched the phone from Rowan's hand and accepted the video call. One look at her son and a wide ear-to-ear toothy grin took room on her beautiful face.

"Hey honey! How is my little boy?"

Chuckling softly, Eric nodded his head and replied, "I am fine mom. How are you? How is dad?"

Oh that lovely endearment 'mom' from his son and Ruby's heart fluttered in happiness like any other mother.

Even before she could reply how they were doing, Charlotte fed Lulu a small piece of carrot and spoke nonchalantly, "Are you blind? They both look happy without you around. In fact we all are celebrating your absence and not missing you at all."

As Eric's jaw clenched hearing his sister's unnecessary inputs, Rowan and Ruby shared a known look.

And why not? This was not new to them. Ever since Eric and Charlotte were kids, there wasn't even a day that they haven't fought. Of course it was not something serious; just the regular bickering between any brother and sister but a little over the top. And no matter how much ever they fought, they loved each other so much.

After all, that's what a siblings bond is; special one!

"Nobody asked your unnecessary inputs!" Eric snapped rolling his eyes while Charlotte didn't even bother to look at him and snapped back, "Yeah, that's because you are an a**!"

"Charlotte!" Ruby called her name trying to put a stop between their bickering but this girl simply shrugged her shoulders and justified herself, "What? I am saying the truth. He is an a**!"