Look before you sleep

Your POV:

It was a nice evening. The weather ponies had scheduled a storm due to skipping a small shower a week ago and it was just downright pouring out there. Since I was a water type the rain wouldn't affect me negatively and all my water type moves get stronger when it rains. But I wouldn't be able to know because unfortunately....

"Why can't I go outside!?" I asked in frustration. "Just because you won't get a cold in the rain doesn't mean that I want you getting the books wet." Twilight told me. "I won't go anywhere near the books." I told her. "I'm not taking any chances. The last thing I need is to pay for a replacement book. Especially after repairing the roof." She said. "I told you I'm sorry, and I'm still a little peeved that you called my pay an allowance." I said as she laughed a little.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. I had a book about jokes and I wanted to try it out." She said as I sighed and looked out the window which I then saw Applejack and Rarity outside in the rain. "Why are Applejack and Rarity put in the rain?" I asked as Twilight looked out the window and gasped as she ran to the door calling for them to come in.

I went to get towels for them to dry and once I got back I saw that Rarity was the only one in. "Where's Applejack?" I asked as I gave Rarity a towel and she drys herself off. "Washing her hooves off." She told me as she finishes drying. "Well I'll just wait then." I said as the storm rumbled. "Boy this storm is raging on." I said. "Yes and if you want Rarity, you're welcome to stay if need be. Spike is away in Canterlot on royal business. So it's just me and (y/n) tonight." Twilight said as she then gasps.

"You and Applejack should totally sleep over! We'll have a slumber party! I've always wanted one of those." She said with a grin. "Oh! Uh, goodness. Uh, I do believe I have another engagement scheduled for this evening that completely slipped my mind until just now." Rarity said as she nervously laughs as Twilight levitates a big book in front of us. "Slumber 101: All You've Ever Wanted to Know About Slumber Parties But Were Afraid to Ask." Me and Rarity read.

"My own personal copy. It's a fantastic reference guide. You should see the table of contents. I've been waiting for a chance to use it, and today is the day! This is gonna be so great!" Twilight said with a very happy grin as she levitates the book towards her. "That's seriously the title of that book?" I said in surprise as she nodded yes to me. "And the the first thing it says is makeovers!" "Makeovers! You know maybe I will stay." Rarity said. "Wait, I'm not sure I would want a makeooo-!" I said as I was magically grabbed by Rarity.

A few moments later

"This.... Is.... Embarrassing...." I said as I had makeup mud on me and two cucumber slices were placed where my eyes are making my vision dark. "Now don't be in a sour mood darling. This stuff will refresh and rejuvenate your face and maybe we will have time to properly fix your mane and tail." Rarity said. "This is a natural mane style for a normal Keldeo." I told her. "Oh? And how many Keldeo's have you seen before?" She asked me. "....well.... I will admit that Keldeo was designed to look the same since it is in a game but my point still stands." I told her as I heard Twilight giggled and the front door open.

"What in tarnation... Now wait just a goll-darn minute. Ya make me wash the mud off my hooves, but it's okay for y'all to have mud all over yer faces?" I heard Applejack yelled in surprise as Rarity told her what she told me. "We're giving each other makeovers! Eee-hee! We have to do it, it says so in the book." Twilight said as I then add. "Quick! Get help! I'm being forced to get a makeover!" Which only responded with Rarity and Twilight giggling as I heard Applejack not liking the idea as it soon lead to AJ staying due to lighting that roared loudly.

"Hurray slumber party!" Twilight said happily which I couldn't help but smile. "Aww... I see somepony is enjoying the mud mask." I heard Twilight said teasingly. "No I'm not." I said quietly. "Sure you aren't. I can't wait to do everything on the book! This is gonna be the best slumber party ever!" She yelled in excitement. After a while I heard Twilight saying check on makeovers which probably meant I can take this stuff off.