Schemes and Progress

Start from the beginning

Magic Woman rolled her eyes, crossing her arms as she did so. "I don't see why we have to explain it to her. I could easily show her the images of ev-"

"Your point of view wouldn't make any sense." Marshall interrupted, giving her a glare to signal her to be quiet before giving his attention to me once again.

"Well, it starts the first night we came back." he begun, sitting down on the couch in front of me while Cake curled herself up in my lap. I nodded for him to continue, a million questions going through my head. I had to wait until he was done explaining, though.

"I met up with Cake like I told you I would. From there, her and I formed a plan to keep an eye on you, you know- make sure you were being treated right, make sure Gumball was-"

"I didn't need you to do th-"

"Just let me finish. Please, Fi." a hint of desperation was mixed in with his voice. It was an emotion I rarely saw or heard in the Vampire king. I sighed but nodded in agreement anyway.

"Right. So to pull off this plan we needed to be in disguise. We couldn't just walk in here looking like this-Gumball would be warned right away. Cake can easily mold herself into whatever she wants but I can't. Thats why we needed someone who could make me into someone." His eyes shifted from me to Magic Woman and I immediately understood.

"The only problem was that she couldn't transform my body itself, but she could put me in someone else's body, for a little while at least. We were late visiting you because we were working out the details. I figured I'd have to be a servant if I wanted to keep an eye on you so of course I needed a servant's body."

My eyes widened and my heart dropped a little in my chest. "Tate." I whispered, running my hands down my face.

"Eh, well, yeah. Cake dressed herself as a guard and lured him into an empty room by saying stupid stuff like he 'was in trouble' and things like that. Thats when Magic Woman and I came in and my soul took over his body for awhile. Since it was just my soul, Magic Woman had to carry my body back to her room."

"You were him the whole time?" I stated more than asked. I felt a mixture of anger and sadness, the pained expression on Marshall's face only making me angrier.

"Well, yeah. I changed into some better clothes and Cake bent herself to look like my rings. She's really big so there were a lot of rings, if you remember." Cake growled, the vibration of it tickled my legs but I didn't move. Cake being his rings made sense. They were gone when he died, after all.

"In the end, Gumball somehow found out that I was Tate. I have no idea how he did it really. Cameras maybe? Anyway, when he did though, he sent someone to kill me. Only, by that time I wasn't Tate anymore. Tate didn't have any memories of me being in his body either, so he must have been very confused when he died.

"T-then how do you know it was Gumball who killed him?"

"No, someone Gumball sent. Magic Woman was able to connect her sight to Tate's memories before he died when I asked her. She really comes in handy when you're not against her, I guess."

"That's horrible." I whispered, looking down at my fingers as they ran through Cake's fur. "You're horrible! All of you! He was innocent! He died for no reason! I don-"

"Fionna stop!" Marshall yelled. "I know, it's all my fault- don't blame Cake. I'm sorry I really didn't mean for this to happen but now we have to be really careful what we say because anyone could be spying for Gumball."

"It's Magic Woman's fault too! Why'd she even help you? She never does anything!"

Magic Woman chuckled, holding her hand over her mouth to stop herself from full-out cackling. "Marshall's a very entertaining one, see. He promised me something very nice. How could I refuse?"

I turned to Marshall, now full of worry. "What did he promise you, exactly?" I asked, never leaving his gaze.

"Don't t-" he began, only to be cut off my Magic Woman.

"His life."

A/N

its about to get realllllll

sorry for the no-update yesterday I LOVE YOU IM SORRY

its spring break for me so i might upload some during this week (woop woop)

-check out the song. its good even if you're too lazy to look up the japanese lyrics, the english ones are my main reason for putting it in this chappy lol-

with the amount of times i mention anime, and use k-pop/j-pop songs in this book, people probably think im japanese/chinese/korean/of that ethnic

im not.

im a white girl. lol yay

(NOT ALL WHITE GIRLS ARE OBSESSED WITH STARBUCKS. id much rather buy a new manga volume than a cup of coffee, thank you very much)

anyway, thanks for waiting and reading!

until next time,

xoxo