T h i r t y - N i n e

Magsimula sa umpisa

It was an empty threat. I would never, and Kendall laughed, meaning something's definitely up.

"I don't have a tickle spot," she said, smirking as she folded her arms across her chest. "So... good luck with that." She turned back to the eggs, and so I came up behind her and pinned her arms to her body with a hug.

"Argh, let go, the eggs will burn!" Kendall exclaimed, chuckling. I smirked against her ear. "You're not ticklish, huh? Well, hell, you do have lots of sensitive and soft spots," I taunted, still hugging her tightly. 

"You want that hit in the balls again, huh?" Kendall threatened, making me release her immediately. 

She turned around a smirk on her face. "At least I know how to make you scared."

Before I could say something back, she interrupted abruptly. "Go now, you told Joe you'd be there in a minute. It's been nearly ten." 

I jumped and quickly gave her a kiss on the cheek. I hurried out of the kitchen.

"Hey what's up, man," I said as I went into Joe's living room. he had his head in his hands, slouching as he sat on his couch. He looked up when he heard me sit down, but continued to sit in the same position again.

I sighed. "You good?" I asked him, trying to take in the conversation slowly. 

Joe grunted. I assumed that meant no.

"Are you gonna... tell me about it?" I tried asking again. Joe didn't answer this time, but he got his head out of his hands. I could tell he'd been crying.

"I— I don't know what to feel because I don't think we're over just yet," Joe said, choking. 

I pressed my lips together and stared at the pillow next to him. "It was all going so well until this fucking bitch came up to me!" he suddenly raged. I was surprised.

"Hold on, what?" I said, trying to let him clarify everything again.

"This blonde girl came up to me while I was in the bar," He said, gulping down a lump. "The same bar Gi and I went to all the time! I don't see why every time I went, everyone respected me for having a girlfriend, and suddenly the same evening I was there with Gi out of town, this bitch walks up to me!"

"Who was she?" I asked out of curiosity. "I mean, did you... think she was sort of famous? Cause I don't think no random fan would do that," I said.

Joe shook his head, "No, I was just doing my own thing, and she came up to me. I don't know who she was. She really does look familiar, though. I don't know where I've seen her..."

"How did Gigi know if she was out of town then?" I asked him, not quite catching up to anything. "You would've 'cheated' but she wouldn't have caught you because she's out of town, right?"

Joe groaned. "No, she came back last night, and I told her that she could go to the bar because I would pick her up there. Of course, I swore that I wouldn't get drunk, and I did, so now, when she caught me with this random bitch, she thought I did it on purpose!" 

I shook my head. "I should try and make Kendall talk to Gigi about the whole misunderstanding," I said to Joe, patting him on the shoulder. "But right now, I don't know, man. We could try and find the blonde, but I don't think that's possible."

"I don't want to see that fucking bitch again!" Joe yelled, making me press my lips shut again. "She's a fucking slut, I don't think I'd ever want to go to that bar again!"

I gulped, "OK, calm down—"

"Don't TELL me to CALM DOWN, Nick!" Joe raged at me. I sighed. "I just got dumped by my fucking girlfriend, and you're telling me to fucking calm down! Have I ever told you to calm down when some woman dumped you!? NO! Exactly, so shut up and don't try and calm me." 

He returned his head back into his hands, and I just told myself he's crying again. I knew my brother ever since he was born, so I don't and never will ever talk back at him when he's yelling. 

Except at the times when I'm also raging, then that's an exception.

"I'm sorry—" Yep, knew he'd come round. 

"No, don't. It's fine," I cut through him, grabbing his shoulder. "I understand the situation you're in right now, so I'm just gonna let you relax and chill by yourself. I'll try everything I can to get you your girl back, alright?" I said to him, standing up.

Joe looked up at me, a thin smile on his lips. "Thanks so much, dude, I really am sorry I shouted at you, it was a little too much, and I understand if you don't want to be my brother—"

"WHAT!? No, of course, not! I love being your brother," I said, patting him firmly on the back as he stared down at the carpet again. "Even though sometimes it comes with negative side effects, but dude, I love being your brother. Drop this whole thing, OK?" I said to him.

Joe nodded, "Thanks again, man, congrats to you and Kendall, I've always wanted you two together." 

I smirked, "I think it worked out for me. Glad I didn't let go of the love. Thought I was over her when she pushed me out the window," I said, jokingly. 

Joe chuckled, shaking his head. "This is like a haters-to-lovers thing, all over again."

I shrugged, "Nah, it's more of like, strangers, to friends, to haters, to lovers."

_ _ _

I guess they read romance books! Joking joking. Anyway, I hope you like this chapter. I'm glad I can update the book for you again, this is magnificent, I cannot wait for the book to reach 1.1k, I don't like seeing 1k all the time. Makes it look as if I only have 1 view XD

Have a nice day, I feel really bad for Joe, but who do you think the blonde girl is? I seem to make a big fuss about who she is, but she emerges from the darkness, once I am ready to set her out there!

Have a great day, guys, work hard, study hard, but don't forget to relax, read some of my fanfics, and sleep. LOVE Y'ALL!