T h i r t y - F o u r

I hope you like the song, I think it goes quite well with the story. Live this chapter and love it!

* * * 

Who's that man that's holding your hand
And talking about your eyes?
Used to sing about being free
But now he's changed his mind

Stockholm Syndrome - One Direction

Nick Jonas's POV

(7:49 PM Friday)

"What the fuck, who let you in!?" Kendall yelled at me, making me jump back in surprise. "You fucking scared me you useless piece of shit!" she continued to yell. I put a finger to my mouth, trying to force myself not to laugh.

"Please, be quiet," I said, suppressing a fit of laughter. Kendall's face was as red as a tomato now, ready to pounce at me. "I'm sorry for scaring you, but Gigi told Joe what happened to your house, and now I'm here to accompany you. Better than this git anyway," I added, prodding the huge lump of a body on the floor.

Kendall crossed her arms. "Excuse me? He protected me from you!!" she snapped, eying the boy. 

I pointed at her. "And failed," I said, smirking. Kendall rolled her eyes, "Well, he tried, I bet you wouldn't have done the same, you selfish prune. Scaring me for the fun of it..."

I tried to look offended, "Uh, no? I didn't scare you for the fun of it, I tried to get in, but this fucking git tried to stab me!" I said, kicking the body on the floor, a little harder than the last time. Kendall gripped on my arm, flailing a bit.

"Is he dead, did you kill him?" she whimpered, staring at the body.

I scoffed out a laugh, "If you think I did, you wouldn't be hanging onto me like this. Besides, you don't have to kill someone to make him look like this," I said, glaring at the body. He was buff.  He was way much taller than me. But being trained for MMA in the movie role of Nate of Kingdom, I beat him.

"What do we do with him?" Kendall asked, a worried look on her face. She was still holding onto me. "He's my chief security's son, and he'd kill you if he'd known that you came in without authorization and... what did you do to him, exactly?" Kendall clarified, glaring at me.

She was curious, I could tell, but I couldn't tell her what I did, it would be a little too scary for her to handle.

"Want me to do it with you?" I said, jokingly. Of course, Kendall being Kendall; believed that I actually wanted to choke her. She jumped back, "Hell, you touch a single strand of my hair, I'll fucking karate chop your face off!" 

I chuckled. "That's not a thing—"

"I WILL MAKE IT A THING!"

"OK, OK, calm down," I said, smiling at her adorability. "It'd been a long drive from my house to here," I said, exaggerating the truth. "Have you got any food? I'm starving."

Kendall folded her arms across her chest and raised her eyebrow. "Really? A fucking idiotic person like you coming into my house, scared me, fucking killed my guard, and now asking me for food?" 

I shrugged, "Yeah, that's practically it. Well, no, I didn't kill your guard, but he was trying to stab me, so I had to." I stared at the body again. 

"This is your guard?" I said to Kendall incredulously.

Kendall gave me a look of disgust. "Um, yeah?"