S e v e n t y - E i g h t

Have fun reading, nothing to say!

* * *

I don't want to fight you
And I don't wanna sleep in the dirt
We'll get the drinks in
So I'll get to thinking of her

Fine Line - Harry Styles

Nick Jonas's brain

(4:46 PM Sunday)

I sat down in the receptionist area, waiting for the nurses to come to tell me if there was any damage done, and it's been fucking 20 minutes, and yet no one has come to update me on anything.

Just because she's alright doesn't mean you can forget about telling me, and even if she isn't alright, YOU STILL GOTTA TELL ME!

"Mr. Jonas?"

I looked up at the nurse, my body jerking out of the seat, "Yeah, that's me."

The nurse had a surprised look on her face, but she looked down at her clipboard, "There's um, nothing I can tell you, but they're running some tests on her... Not this exact minute so she's free, and she wants to um talk to you."

I nodded, "Great, where is she?"

"She's in the room— right here, I'll guide you down."

"OK." I quickly followed her down the hall past many patients, who were all staring at me weirdly since I was in a damn tank top and shorts.

The nurse cracked open the door and I went inside, finding Kendall in the bed, smiling as I looked at all the wires stuck to her body. It freaked me out in a way I never knew was possible.

"Hey," Kendall said as I kneeled down next to her. "Why d'you look so sad?"

"Because I can't stand to see you all hooked up like this, why do you have to be hooked up?" I question, painfully, staring at her hand which was all taped up with bandages.

"It's the process of the testing, Nicholas, you wouldn't know."

My mouth opened a little as I felt myself smile.

"What?"

"You called me Nicholas," I said, chuckling slightly. "You've never called me that before... I was also really used to being called Jonas all of a sudden..."

Kendall chuckled, "Do you want me to start calling you Nicholas?"

I shook my head violently, "No, no please don't call me Nicholas... It was what I was called when I was younger, so when you called me Nicholas, it kind of brought me back... you know, forget it, forget everything I just said."

Kendall chuckled and looked down to her toes, "I can't wiggle them. I feel like a mother in labor."

I nodded, smiling, "You know... if your mom knew what's happening to you right now, I don't think she would be having a vacation, she would probably be here right now. I'm really sorry this is happening."

Kendall shook her head, a stern look on her face, "No, no, no, don't be sorry, it's not your fault... We don't even know if there's anything wrong with me at all."

"You're right... Have you had anything at all? Like a little information—"

"No, not a single word yet... I have a question for you, though," Kendall said, turning to face me properly.