S e v e n t y - S e v e n

Sorry, some days when you guys aren't getting any updates, it'll probably mean I'm busy updating another book, which in this case it's JONAS AFFAIRS. Go read it... actually, no, don't go read it, it's not finished and you might get frustrated.

* * *

Are you all dressed up but with nowhere to go?
Are your tears falling down when the lights are low?
Another Friday night tryna put on a show
Do you hate the weekend 'cause nobody's calling?

Put a Little Love On Me - Niall Horan

Nick Jonas's POV

(2:10 PM Sunday)

I was speeding down the desert road, just like I had done when we were driving down this hellhole trap in the first place.

Kendall had not spoken a single word ever since we had gotten out of there, and it made me question whether she still hated me, but then there was that kiss, and doubting doesn't work.

I knew I had to keep looking over at her, making sure she was comfortable, and that I didn't... do any damage to any part of her.

I looked over again and saw that she was groaning slightly.

I turned to the road, "You OK?" I asked, my feeling for hers. They were cold. 

Kendall shrugged, "I'm not in pain... but yeah, it's starting to really turn, kinda hurts a lot..." 

I sucked in a breath, being completely new to this. What was I supposed to do? Perhaps get help from someone who has the experience, but who exactly would have experience?

I turned to Kendall, "Can I have your phone?"

Her head snapped at me, "Why do you want my phone?"

"Just this thing I just thought of... can I have it?" 

Kendall groaned and reached into her pocket for her phone.

"Careful," I said, seeing that she nearly tipped out of the Jeep. 

Kendall sent me a look, "Why don't you slow down a little? What if I did fall, huh? You'd be there to catch me?" 

I shrugged, "Yeah, I would." 

She put on a smug look before giving me the phone. It looked as if she was trying to look down between her legs, but was scared like something was going to be there or something.

"Who're you calling?" Kendall asked me softly as I put the phone to my ear.

"Kim." 

Kendall's eyes opened big in alarm, "No, please don't call them, they're gonna freak out and it's all gonna be my fault!"

"Hey, don't worry, none of this is your fault," I said, smiling as I took her hand. "If it's anyone's fault it's mine, OK? I was careless when I put you on my back." 

Kendall groaned, "Exactly, they'll kill you if they knew that something happened to me while I was with you." 

OK, so now you've got a whole family on your back, well done, Nick, real proud of you.

"Great, so what am I supposed to be, just be stupid while there could be something technically wrong with you?" I said, turning to her, my eyes leaving the empty road as I hung up.

Kendall's jaw dropped, "Excuse me, according to you I'm supposed to be really really worried right now, and so just seeing your clueless face just makes me wanna punch you so hard, you won't have that pretty boy look anymore!"