T h i r t y - N i n e

OMG, nearly 40 chapters! I hope you like this one, I really gotta note down all the songs I've used for the last chapters because I'm gonna start putting the same songs all over and over again. 

* * *

I get anxiety when you're not with me
I'm a mess, yeah I get so erratic
You know there's a part of me, that will always be
Breathless when you speak

Nervous - Nick Jonas

Nick Jonas's Thoughts

(10:46 AM Saturday)

"Can't it be later, dude?" I said back, looking up at Kendall, who wiped her hands on a cloth and looked at the phone, a worried look on her face. "I'm kind of— in the middle of something," I said, choking on my own saliva. 

"And by that I mean breakfast."

"If he wants us out there now, we gotta go," Kendall interrupted, making Joe pause. 

"Wait, who're you with?" he asked. 

I cleared my throat, "Kendall. We sort of um... sorted a few things out. We're officially together now," I said, not forgetting to look at Kendall for the approval in saying that. 

She smiled back at me.

"Wait, what!?" Joe said from the other side of the phone. 

I chuckled, "Yeah, it's unbelievable. But why do you want us, anyway?" I asked. 

Joe cleared his throat, "I actually only need you— Gigi's kind of... Well, she's trying to get through to Kendall," he said, making me look up at Kendall, who was rushing to get her phone.

"OK, I guess I'll be seeing you in a minute," I told him. We hang up and I put my phone in my pocket. I was about to get out of my seat when Kendall spoke up.

"You're leaving now?" she asked, a look of disbelief on her face. 

I frowned, "Well, yeah, I've gotta go. I thought you were OK with me going to him right now?" I said a hint of a chuckle in my voice. Kendall looked unsure.

"I mean, of course, but... are you gonna come back here?" she asked, an adorable look on her face. 

I smiled and embraced her in a hug. "Of course, if you want me to be back here, I will be back here as soon as I can," I told her, muffled against her hair. 

"He's my brother, I gotta really... You know, family," I said, trying to make her understand.

"Of course, I get it, nothing more important than family," Kendall said. "But I just wanted to get the confirmation that you were gonna come back to me—"

"I'll always come back to you," I said, pulling away from the hug so that our bodies were stuck but our heads were apart. "Remember that."

Kendall giggled and suddenly poked me in the stomach, a sensitive spot of mine. "I'll always remember that!" she said, mischievously as I groaned. 

It kinda hurt. 

"Oh my god, you're literally full of muscles around that part, how'd you even feel that poke?" she asked, making fun of me.

I frowned at her, clutching my stomach. "I haven't worked out in weeks because of the tour and because of you," I said, giving her a small glare. "Don't poke me like that, again, you hear me? Or I'll fucking tickle you to death!"