S i x t y

The sixtieth chapter of this totally new book. I can't believe I made it this far with the story plots and shit— I am so stoked that you guys are actually reading and enjoying this crappy book. Here is your chapter, I will shut up now.

* * *

Girl, we'd still make it
If the planets all faded away
You might think I'm crazy
But I know my baby
Anyway

Imprint - ZAYN

Kendall Jenner's POV

(8:23 PM Tuesday)

"Yeah, I kind of pretty much know who you are, Jonas," Liam said, quite harshly as he licked his lips, nodding furiously. "What're you doing here, anyway?"

Joe chuckled as he turned to me, "Why's he so stern? I mean, he doesn't look like a person who'd be all..." He glanced at Liam and quickly looked back at me, "Quirky and fun," he said coldly. "Who is he, anyway?"

I folded my arms across my chest and gave me a smug look as I answered, "He's an old friend. Back from third grade, until Senior year when I dropped out of school..."

Joe gave me a mischievous look. I knew I shouldn't have told him that. 

"Wow, you dropped? My brothers and I were busy as hell with Disney record deals and stuff, but we never dropped from homeschool."

I wanted to smack him, "Well, you idiot, you shouldn't have mentioned homeschool, because that is totally different from what I was doing as a teenager. I went to an actual school, Jonas, not studying at home with my mom and a trashy textbook with crossword puzzles in it."

Joe rolled his eyes and turned to Liam, "I'm gonna need to borrow Kendall for a minute," He said, making Liam tense up. 

After a second, Joe frowned, "Actually, maybe more than a minute, I gotta take her to the beach."

"No, you're not taking her anywhere!" Liam yelled, making me quite frightened by his sudden outburst. "If you're taking her somewhere, I'm going with her," he added more calmly. 

Joe cracked his knuckles and smiled, "Of course. But no eaves-dropping 'cause I'll make sure you don't get out of there alive if you get a single word of what Kendall is also hearing."

I rolled my eyes as Joe turned around. "Why're we going to the beach?"

"Just to show you something. I mean, you'll be hearing some things that I want you to hear." 

He glanced back at me, smiled, and made his way back down to the car, leaving me hurrying behind him. 

I was about to head into the passenger seat when I felt someone grab my elbow. It was Liam.

"You're really gonna just go with him?" He asked me in a hushed voice. "Like, go with him... in his car!?" 

I shrugged, "Yeah, why is there a problem?" 

Liam licked his lips and glanced at Joe, who was looking himself in the rear-view mirror. 

"Yes, obviously, Kendall," Liam continued to hiss. "You don't even know what he wants you to do— can't I come with you? You know, just to drive you back home if you're not too comfortable with him—"

"Right now, Liam," I interrupted, giving him a sweet smile, "I'm not too comfortable with you because I haven't seen you since senior year, and then you suddenly show up, on the couch in my mom's beach house where I've never been to ever since senior year."