T w e n t y - S e v e n

The track is awesome, I like it a lot

* * *

It takes two, to fuck it up
Yeah, two, to get it right
And you, are all I want
Yeah, we just keep on breakin' into two

Two - Nick Jonas

Nick Jonas's POV

(6:23 PM Tuesday)

"That was intense," Demi said as she came through the door. I gave her a hug, "You were great, you looked amazing," I said, complimenting her. She really was great, that's for sure, and I'm not gonna be my faking ass for this truth.

"You did, too," she said, brushing something on my stubble. 

"The questions were a little heated, though," I said with a smirk. Demi rolled her eyes, "Please, they need to keep their thoughts to themselves, those paparazzi, they're available in here to take pictures, not scream out in insults and speak their mind."

I nodded and patted her back a little, "Er— yeah, that's right." My gaze traveled to a group of lovely ladies in long glistening gowns and spotted Joe. Being the first thing that came to mind, I floated towards him, Demi on my heels.

"Hey, Joe, you're looking fire, man," I complimented as he looked at my suit. He nodded, "You don't look too bad yourself. Hey, Demi, you look beautiful," he said to Demi, greeting her with a hug. 

"You didn't give me a hug," I said, pretending to be hurt. He opened his arms, but I back away, "You know I'm not the physical type, get away from me," I said, jokingly. Gigi, who I did not notice, poked her head out from behind Joe and chuckled, "That's a great joke. Hey," she said, reached her hand out for a shake.

I was confused for a second but I took it anyway. "You look stunning," I said, smiling. Gigi nodded, "You're looking handsome. The both of you have got a lot of styles," she said to Joe and me. Joe smirked and leaned in for a kiss, "Thanks, babe."

"Hey, guys, I didn't get to stop by!" said a voice from behind Gigi. the voice that made me freeze in my spot, a huge lump of guilt forming in my throat. Geez, chill, Nick, it's been like weeks now, get used to seeing her around with that hell of a British twat.

"Kendall!" Gigi exclaimed, opening her arms to her best friend. They hugged and I heard Styles' low voice. "Hey, mate, Harry Styles," he introduced himself to Joe, who nodded, "Yes, I've heard of you, I'm Joe. Joe Jonas."

"I've heard of you, too," Harry joked. "And here's Nick, my good friend," he said to me, supposedly. I looked up, a smile pressed on my lips, "Er— yeah, hey, man. Good to see you again."

Harry grinned and bounced on his feet, "It's my first time here. I'm so happy to be here with all of you— You've been here multiple times, haven't you?" he asked Joe and me. Joe nodded, "Er— yeah, we have, and this is Nick's... third time, I think," he said, unsure.

I glared at him, "Yeah, it's my third. No, my fourth," I corrected myself, unable to hold in a chuckle.

"Hey, babe, you're— oh."

I looked up and instantly made eye contact with Kendall, her brown orbs tensing up as they stared right back into my brown ones. I swallowed and pressed my sips together as Kendall turned to Harry, "We should find a table," she said in a low voice.

Joe, who was being the biggest dick this whole time, suddenly chimed in, "You should sit with us! Demi, Nick, me, and Gigi," he said, excitedly. I mentally face-palmed myself. 

Kendall's smile immediately down-turned, but harry brightened up, "Totally! That's a great idea, what d'you say, babes? We sit with them?" 

I was happy for her, the fact that she got a guy like Harry to be her man. He actually had an interest in what Kendall had in mind. I would never have. She deserves him.

"Um, are they OK with it?" Kendall said in an unsure voice, slouching. "Cause I really don't want to bother anybody—"

"Oh no, we're totally unbotherable," Joe joked, making me step on his foot "Accidentally". "Ow, Nick what was that for?" he exclaimed, on verge of smacking me in the face. I smirked, "I accidentally stepped on your foot, it was for nothing."

I then turned around and sat down next to Demi and leaned into her, "Mind if I get touchy?" I asked her in a cheeky mischievous voice. Demi leaned back in surprise, but there was a smile on her lips, "Woah, for what?"

I pressed my lips together, debating whether I should tell her the real reason or not. 

"I just really am turned on by you, tonight," I said instead, reached my arm out and placing it around her. Demi flinched a little and said, "It's so weird to see you like this, usually, I'm the one who tried to get in your pants. This is a rare occasion, I need to wear this more often."

I chuckled, but waved a finger at her, "No feelings, remember?" I said, smirking. "Get addicted, just don't try and get me turned on all the time. It's not cool."

Demi smirked, "You're vulnerable, I can tell," she said, putting her hand on mine that was placed on her lap. "And if I could just—"

"Hey, are we interrupting something?" a British voice on the other side of the round table said. I jerked my hand away from her lap and looked up for the source of the voice. It was Harry. 

"Er— no, man, have a seat," I said with a cunning smile. "Hey, Kendall, nice night?" I asked her, making her squirm. She plastered on what I can tell was a fake smile, "Yes, I'm having a nice night. Are you?"

My smirked stretched across the left side of my face, "Oh, yeah, I'm having the best time of my life here," I exaggerated. "You guys look awesome."

Harry smiled, "Er— can I return it? cause you guys kind of mentioned that you were only friends— this is not like a whole relationship reveal, right?" he asked, making me squint.

"What?" I asked him, mockingly. I just had that inner hatred for him.

"He means," Kendall said in an annoyed voice, "that you guys aren't dating, right?"

I looked at Demi, signaling to her that she was to take this one. Demi faked a smile, "No, we're not. But there is a rule in our relationship—"

"Demi," I said, smiling sweetly at her. "I think they know enough."

Harry chuckled, "So, how long have you guys been friends?"

"Over a decade," I boasted, puffing out my chest.

Kendall kind of look relieve, I dunno, "Oh, that's sweet, you must see each other as blood already, right?" she asked, making me tense up, knowing that there was a twinge of jealousy in between her sentence. 

"Oh no, not really, that's never possible," I said. "Demi's unbearable. I never see her like family because sometimes—" I trailed my fingers up her thigh, "I do things... that make... seeing her as family... dark," I finished, looking back up at them.

Kendall had a horrendous look on her face, but Harry was just frozen in a smile. Demi was staring at me incredulously.

"Oh, wow," Kendall said at last. "Erm, OK, conversation over."

_ _ _

I'm sorry I couldn't post earlier, but here it is. My school teacher phoned my mum because I didn't finish about 40% of my work. I really gotta finish up, but I'm happy I could publish this one for you guys!

And now we know Nick and Demi are friends with benefits. What do you think about this? I can tell Kendall knows, she's not looking too comfotable.

Please vote! You guys are awesome. Nearly reaching 600, let's get it up there, shall we?