T h i r t e e n

This track just goes well with the first part of the storyline.

***

Like it or not, we were doomed from the start,
I know that you agree
But nothing is forever nothing would be better
Better, than you and me

Nothing Would Be Better - Nick Jonas

Kendall's thoughts

(9:40 AM Monday)

I looked around for him, but I couldn't find him, all until I went into a room. he was on an armchair, rubbing his forehead as if whatever he was thinking was hurting him so much.

"What's going on with you?" I snapped.

His gaze landed on me and he stared, not saying a word.

I sighed, "Are you OK?" I asked instead, hoping he would actually talk to me. He kept staring. "If you're not gonna talk to me, I'm gonna leave you--"

"No wait," he said suddenly, voice so hoarse, he sounded as if he hadn't spoken in days. "Stay..."

I sighed and slumped myself down, "So, you're gonna tell me what's going on with you," I said, biting my nails. Well, I wasn't really biting it, was just... It's a habit and we all have habits.

"I... can't," he then said, shrugging.

I heaved out a sigh and said, "Why can't you? I'm certain there isn't a problem with explaining why you wanted to choke your brother back there

I heaved out a sigh and said, "Why can't you? I'm certain there isn't a problem with explaining why you wanted to choke your brother back there."

His eyes widened a little, "You-- you saw that?"

I scoffed, "Hell, yeah, I did, and so did about half a dozen others! You on drugs or something?" I said before I could stop myself.

He chuckled, "I don't do drugs."

"Well, tell me then. Why'd you try and choke your brother!"

"Why would you argue with your sisters over such small things?"

I closed my eyes in patience and opened them again, "I asked you a question, you don't get to ask me unless you answer it."

"Because he was being an ass," Nick said simply. "Because I thought he'd deserve it."

My jaw dropped, "So if he died, suffocated, you'd say he'd deserve it?"

Nick was silent, I can tell his brain is working hard to think of the next words to say. I'm sure this was not how I had imagined our first encounter to be like, but somehow, fate is definitely not on my side. It never really was.