S i x t y - F i v e

I hope this wasn't a too-long wait for you— I'm feelin' pretty generous at the moment! Also, I think thsi track fits more with the last one, but this chapter also relates to teh song, so... YEAH! Enjoy it!

* * *

Weren't you the guy who tried to
Hurt me with the words, goodbye,
Though it took some time to, survive you
Look at where I ended up

Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa

Nick Jonas's POV

(6:23 PM Friday)

"Can't you tell me who it is already?" Kendall said as the paparazzi swarmed around us. "I mean how bad could it be— I'll find out who it is, anyway." 

I huffed and hopped into the car, my mind was begging that she'd stop talking about the guy. 

"Nick, tell me, please, I wanna get ready for what I'm gonna be set up with," she continued to beg as the driver drove off for Kylie's house. "It'll be better if I know, wouldn't it?"

I gave her a long look, "No, it'll be much worse and harder to convince," I snapped. "besides, I don't even like him."

"And because of that, I'm not supposed to like him either?"

"Yes!" I said sourly. "I don't want you to see him as the good guy, but that the problem, isn't it? He's basically so likable, you probably won't even know you're liking him!"

Kendall arched her eyebrow, "Sounds like someone I know. Tell me who he is, and maybe I'll consider liking him or not." 

I shook my head, "Nope."

"Just tell me and don't be a fucking pain in the ass."

"Nope. Not gonna tell you."

"What is your problem!?" she exclaimed, exasperatedly, smacking my arm. 

I scoffed, "What is my problem?"

"You were the one pushing me away— calling me mean names— and now you're trying to win me back from some other guy that I suppose is very attractive! Indeed I want to know what your problem is!"

I sighed and rubbed my face, "Honestly, I wasn't even calling you mean names—"

"Selfish bitch isn't a mean name!?" She screamed in my face, making me flinch. "All the other names you've called me— all the times you've tried to shut me down when I was trying to tell you the fact that I was fucking pregnant with your baby—"

"I'm sorry," I muttered.

"Don't you dare say that word, I'm not done!" Kendall hissed. Now isn't she dramatic? "If you could've saved it for a day, you wouldn't fucking understood why I did what I did, and we wouldn't be broken up like this— it was all your fault! And how could I even say it was mine!? It was all you, Nick, you broke us up by not listening to me, I—"

I raised my hand up, clearing my throat. 

"I want you to listen to me. I didn't try to shut you out, I was angry. I wish I hadn't figured anything out if I had known we would end up like this. I want a bright future for us and our kids, Kendall, and yeah, Gigi told me about the things you said in the kitchen about how you were ashamed for getting pregnant so easily—"

I watched Kendall's face drop into a sulk, but I smiled weakly.

"Trust me, I'm not mad or regretting anything that's happening—" I paused, "OK, I may be regretting a few of the negative things, but so far... I like the fact that I'm still with you..."