S i x t y - T w o

I hope you having a good day, here is your chapter! Great day at school today, they finally let us in!

* * * 

I'd drive, through the night
Just to be near you baby
Heart open, justified,
Tell me that I'm not crazy

Mercy - Shawn Mendes

Nick Jonas's POV

(8:23 AM Wednesday)

The couch was miserable. They had metal inside the cushion/mattress thing that I was supposed to sleep on, and that was probably the most uncomfortable thing I have ever had to sleep on.

I mean, if you're going to force me to sleep on a couch, at least give me a decent one, not some ratty, a-hundred-years-old, couch that hasn't been sat on in years! I even bet there were rats in there last night. Ugh.

Kylie walked into the kitchen, hair messed up. She yawn and gave me a greeting. When she turned to the side, I saw that her hair was stuck out at the back of her head. 

"How was the couch?" was the first thing she asked me. I gave her an irritated look and grumbled, "It was horrible. Hard as fuck. Next time, I'm sleeping on the bed."

Kylie waved a finger at me, "Nuh-uh, floor."

"Hell, bitch, this is my house!" I said back exasperatedly. "You should be the one sleeping on the floor."

"I can't," she said, making arch an eyebrow.

"And why NOT?" I asked in an oblivious tone. Kylie gave me a look that practically said, "Are you kidding me right now?" and turned around, pointing at her butt.

"I usually take soft bed so my butt can sink in. The floor's too hard for me, making me uncomfortable," she explained. "Besides, next time, just lay down next to me. I'm sure it will fit both of us perfectly." 

I gulped and turned away, "No thanks," I said, sounding scared on purpose. But Kylie laughed, "That's so mean— I might not be too comfortable to be sleeping next to on a tiny bed, but I am very enjoyable to just..." She looked up dreamily, making me gag.

"OK, yeah, gotcha," I noted, pointing at her playfully.

I check my watch and ruffled the back of my hair that was starting to over-grow itself. "It's 8, want me to drop you home, or what?" I asked Kylie, who was looking at her phone.

She shrugged, "Maybe, but not like this. I gotta take a shower."

I nodded, "OK, do you need a new set of clothes, I can lend you some if you want," I offered, playing with my fingers. Kylie raised her eyebrows at me, "Your clothes? I don't want to be offending or anything, but your style doesn't really the kind of... match with me. I don't wanna clash."

I frowned, "That's rude. I'm trying to offer something to you and you talk back at me saying these negative things about my style... Do you even have a style?" I said, quite pridefully. Kylie rolled her eyes, "Yeah, dipshit, I do."

"Right, then you probably won't mind my clothes. Besides, you can fix them up to your liking, too," I said, hoping she would give in.

Kylie's eyebrows shot up, "You saying I could cut them up?" I said, bewildered. 

"No!" I said, exasperatedly. "Don't cut them up— I meant, like, choose different things that I don't usually wear, like my leather jacket with an oversized shirt... Well, oversized for you," I pointed out, making Kylie laugh. I ignored her and continued, "Tie up the hem of the shirts like you girls always do all the time, and perhaps it'll look less like you're wearing men's stuff."