T h i r t y - S e v e n

I hope you liked this one! Love the track, I loved it.

* * *

Only getting up to close the blinds
I'm praying you don't change your mind
Cause leaving now just don't feel right
Let's do it one more time

Only Human - Jonas Brothers

Kendall Jenner's POV

(8:07 Saturday)

I woke up with a start the next morning and thrashed for a moment before Nick grunted. I looked at him and everything from last night flashed through my mind. I didn't know if I should be... scared, or comfortable... The feeling was mixed.

I just hope his feelings aren't.

"Hey, how long were you up?" Nick's hoarse, yet calm voice asked as he pulled me into his chest. I tried to smile as I played with his chest hair, "Just a minute ago," I said, realizing how hoarse I sounded. 

Nick chuckled, noticing my voice. "Last night was superb," he said, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear. A rush of relief came over me, glad that he didn't deny his feelings like he did last time. I chuckled, "Yeah, it was... great." 

Nick's smile down-turned as he laid on his side, resting his head in his bicep. "What's wrong? You look... regretful," he said in a painful voice. I frowned, "What no, I– I didn't regret anything, I– I loved it," I said, kissing his lips.

Nick let out a sigh and laid on his back again, pulling me onto his chest. "Kendall, I know we've ignored this, but please... You're scaring me. OK? I love you. And I've told you that three times now. If you'd just say it back to me–"

"Why do care so much about those three words?" I said, sitting up. The sheets feel, revealing my plain breasts. Nick looked from them to me. I fixed my hair as I continued to stare at him. "Hello? You didn't answer my question."

"I care because I have... I have a lack of commitment, meaning that... in order for me to actually commit to something, I have to be reminded every single time–" 

"If you want me to tell you that I love you every single time, I'd rather not," I told him, trying not to hurt his feelings. "But if it makes you feel special, I will say it to you every single time because that's how much I love you." 

Nick was hesitant to say anything but suddenly broke into a cheeky smile. "That'll do," he said, sitting up as well. I smiled and pulled him in for a quick kiss. He licked his lips and smirked, "Mm, I was expecting it to be a bit hotter, but I can do that, too, yeah."

I giggled, "You're so cocky, sometimes, you know that?" I said to him as I fixed the covers around my armpits. I didn't really feel too open around him yet. Nick puffed out his chest, "I only do that to people who I'm really comfortable around." 

I frowned, "And what's your definition of comfortable, exactly?" 

Nick pretended to think, hands tapping his chin. "I don't really know. If you've seen me naked at least twice, then yeah, you're definitely someone I'm comfortable around." 

I pretended to gag. "You are so gross! Are you comfortable around your brothers?" I couldn't help ask. Nick was now looking so uncomfortable. "Why would you ask that, I–"

"I'm just curious!" I said exasperatedly as he tried to close himself up. I crawled on top of him, making him fall back onto his pillow with a thump. "You're so cute, you know that...?" I said, leaning down to kiss his lips softly.