F i f t y - S e v e n

We're taking things nice and slow here, so don't worry, I'll get to the whole 'nick finding out and doing something about it' thing in the upcoming chapters.

* * *

Oh it started
Two hearts in one home
It's hard when we argue
Most stubborn, I know

Sweet Creature - Harry Styles

Kendall Jenner's POV

(7:56 PM Tuesday)

The drive to my house was pretty long, and I pretty much passed out in the passenger seat. Kim was kind enough to plug in some... relaxation music/songs from her Spotify playlist, and I noticed that for the first few songs, I fell asleep, crying silently as I listened to the meaning of the songs.

Kim was quite right about the cold weather; the rain was providing some pretty satisfying ASMR as I snored silently. But of course, I was conscious throughout the long ride, which lasted for about an hour.

I wanted to stay awake and kind of... talk with Kim about a few things, but my hormones kind of made me feel like I needed a lot of sleep. Of course, Kim didn't know that I had these hormonal feelings, but somehow, she made it look as if she did.

I rolled my head to the other side of my seat, facing Kim. She was tapping the steering wheel at a normal tempo. I let out a yawn and stretched, getting full control over my body again.

Kim glanced at me, "Oh, so you're awake," she said, smiling at me. 

I rubbed my eyes, "Yeah, how long have we been driving, anyway?" I asked her. "It felt like frickin' forever. You know what, I don't even wanna know whether you're kidnapping me or not— What's the time?"

Kim checked her watch, "8:02." She went silent again for a few minutes until I let out a huff, staring out the window in curiosity. Something wasn't right.

"Kim... I know you said it'd be cold... but I didn't realize you were talking about rain," I said, turning to her after that long stare outside. "My house doesn't really have rain in this season, and we never shift. California isn't too tropical in this season."

Kim was quiet, then she turned to me, a slight smile on her face, "We're not going home, Kendall. We're going to mom's beach house, in Miami."

* * * 

"What'd you bring us here for?" I said as I slammed the door of the passenger seat. Kim eyed it irritably. "I mean, why not my house, we could do other things there and I have work tomorrow—"

"You're not going to work tomorrow, Kendall," Kim said as she took off her huge fur coat. I looked down at her as she put on a leather jacket, "What's that for?" I asked. Knowing Kim, she did not usually wear leather.

Kim shrugged as if what she was doing was such a normal thing. "Just getting a little cold. Also, did you know, leather keeps away the little droplets of water? I'm wearing something a little more expensive under here that costs about 500,000k, so risking a little leather jacket probably would be worth it."

I felt uneasy as I asked her the next question; "And how expensive is the leather jacket you have on?"

Kim smiled, devilishly, "3,000k."

She gave me a smile and turned to the huge house, making me frown. Nothing so unusual about Kim. Doesn't mind risking something 3,000k for something 500,000k. Seems pretty OK to me.