Part One: Chapter 4

"Good morning, Lady Abedayo."

"Lady Abedayo, good day!"

"How are you, Lady Abedayo!"

"Did you sleep well, Lady Abedayo?"

This is what I hear every morning, every afternoon, and every evening. It's been five days since I've been given my new title. Because of this, I've also felt a sense of dread weighing down on me. What I wanted was eight million silver. That way, I could return to Khurut. Sure, the emperor is very handsome. He's very attractive. And yes, I was alright with taking his money and the leaving the country. I was planning on returning to Khurut where I could tell Lord Baldwin what happened. But I doubt I can do that now. The money that I would have obtained, belongs to the emperor. And I am now the emperor's fiance.

"What a mess." I sat at the table in my room. Between my fingers was a cup of green tea. It was in a small black ceramic cup with gold along the edge. I must say the tea here tastes much better than the tea in Khurut. The best tea available is often red or black tea. Green and white are often imported from other countries.

"What am I going to do...?" I can't break off the engagement. That wouldn't be good for me. What if they throw me in prison?

"Lady Abedayo."

I turned to see the door sliding open. Beom and Lord Baek stood side by side but there was a third person with them. I've never seen them before. Wait, is she a government official? Am I going to be arrested!

She was tall and slender. I wouldn't go as far as to say that she is taller than Beom or Lord Baek. But she is definitely taller than me. She had a cool, icy complexion with sharp, vibrant purple eyes that resembled amethysts. Her eyes were more narrow than almond-shaped. She had a very slender nose and small lips. But what really caught my attention was her silver hair. Her hair was so long and wispy.

"Lady Abedayo, this is Lady Shin Seong-ja." Lord Baek gestured to the woman behind him. As he stepped aside, Lady Shin stepped forward. She gave a graceful bow of the head.

"Hello, Lady Abedayo. It is a pleasure to finally meet you."

"H-Hello!" I quickly got to my feet and bowed my head. "It is wonderful to meet you as well."

"Oh my, a lady of such high standing is bowing to me." Lady Shin held a hand over her mouth. Do royals not show greet others with the same respect?

"Was...I not supposed to?" I asked.

"No, it is just that...I was not expecting to be given such an informal greeting." Lady Shin lowered her hand to her side. "Your greeting was a little...too friendly."

"Oh...well...I honestly would like it if you were comfortable with me. I know many people here call me Lady Abedayo, but you can call me Zurine if you want. You don't have to be so formal with me."

Lord Baek and Beom cleared their throats.

"Zurine? Alright if that is what you wish." Lady Shin nodded her head. "If it is alright with you, please feel free to call me Seong-ja."

"I would like that very much."

"I'm sure you know why I am here today."

"...Uh..." hold on...did they find out who I am? So she is a government official! Is she part of the local government? I held my hands behind my back. I guess I won't be getting any money out of this after all.

"Today you are going to be fitted for your imperial attire."

"...O-Oh!" I smiled. "My robes and skirts!" well that's a surprise. I wish I was informed of this earlier.