Prologue

"There! She's over there!"

Sprinting across the desert sand, I kept to my calm breathing. I cannot afford to panic. Not right now. I have to keep a leveled head until I reach the border of Khurut.

"Don't let her escape!"

"Don't let her get away!"

How did this even happen? Did someone snitch? Were they bribed with money? Does Lord Baldwin know? Is this the beginning of an uprising from the lower ranks?

"Cut her off before she reaches the border!"

There are only a few miles left before I reach the border. I will make it. I have to. I can't stay here. I won't be safe.

Whoosh!

A gust of wind roared past me. If I was any closer the force from the wind could have broken my arm.

I glanced over my shoulder.

Air mages?

"Get her!"

Navy and crimson...I know those colors. But why are they together? Those two guilds never work together.

"Enough of this." I growled. "I'm done playing these stupid little games." my heels pressed into the sand vaulting my body forward several feet. I leaped through the air like an arrow shot from a bow. On the horizon, I could see tall trees.

One more leap should do it.

I touched my toes to the sand before hurdling forward, disappearing into the trees beyond the horizon.

___

Don't forget to comment and rate!

***Updates weekly! See you next Sunday! ***