Chapter 4: The Golden Moment!

Start from the beginning

Considering it was Tuesday of Shravan month and she was keeping 'Mangal Gauri Vrat' today, she woke up early and offered her prayers before 6 that morning. Well, to be honest, she couldn't sleep all night but kept tossing and turning around with a wide shy smile playing on her face.

Even while praying, she had a tough time not to get his thoughts dancing in her mind.

After offering her prayers to Lord Shiva and Goddess Gauri in the temple, she and Kulkarni kaka made their way to the bungalow discussing how he had spoken to Abhimanyu regarding her 1 hour leave in the morning and evening.

She was elated to learn that there was no problem with her taking leave till the chores were done and everything was arranged by time. Kaka conveyed that she could visit the temple at 10 in the morning after the men left for their work and at 4 in the evening before they returned back home.

That way she could easily visit the temple, offer her prayers and also do her chores without any problems. Last night was not an issue as she returned home by 8 in the night. If she had returned early or stayed up late then she would have had to listen to Usha and her cruel words.

In a way, she was glad working here. And why not? She was staying away from that vicious woman and she couldn't be more happy about it. As decided earlier, kaka would be returning back to his work after dropping her in the bungalow and in the night he would be back again to take her home.

It was around 6:15 a.m. when she reached the bungalow. Her eyes crinkled in surprise seeing Xavier sitting in the open air balcony and speaking to someone. She thought the men would be sleeping but how wrong she was when she saw Abhimanyu coming out of the bungalow wiping his face with a towel.

As Xavier waved his hand and greeted her good morning, she smiled brightly and did 'namaste' wishing him a good morning too but in her language.

Wondering if she was late, she asked Abhimanyu the same thing. She heaved a sigh of relief and started with her chores when he told her that there was no hurry and they woke up early because they were early birds unlike Eric.

The mere mention of this man and she couldn't stop the blood rushing to her cheeks. She had no idea what kind of an effect he had on her but, she was enjoying every bit of it.

Rushing into the kitchen she put some fresh milk to boil and grabbed the broom without making any noise. Fifteen minutes had passed by the time she finished sweeping the lower floor bedrooms and kitchen.

Figuring out she could start preparing for breakfast at 7:30, she thought of mopping the lower area before heading to his room on the first floor. She was so quiet and fast in her works that it was impossible to realise when she did her tasks.

Placing two cups of tea and a plate of cookies in the tray, she headed towards the garden to give Abhimanyu and Xavier their morning tea.

Grabbing the broom and the mop stick, she headed upstairs ever so slowly taking unsure steps. The mere thought of staying on the same floor with him alone got her heart pounding in her chest.

And why not? With people around on the same floor last night, he went to the extent of almost flirting with her and had asked her name. And now, with no one around who knows what all he could do.

Gulping heavily, she peeked at his room ever so slowly and heaved a huge sigh of relief when she saw him sleeping like a baby. His face seemed so innocent and she couldn't stop that soft smile taking room on her pretty face.

Without making any noise she stepped into his room. She knew looking at someone while they were sleeping was wrong on so many levels but she had no idea why couldn't she stop herself. There was something about him that she couldn't resist this strange magnetic pull towards him.