"I know that you don't want to talk to Niall, and what he did was wrong, but he does care about you," Lou said. 

"He's the reason that I got arrested in the first place," I responded, starting to feel angry. "If stupid Melissa never showed up today and reveal her and Niall's secrets, than I wouldn't have felt so uncomfortable and left the venue early. Then, I could've returned to the hotel with the rest of the crew and not be questioned."

"I'm sorry that this happened to you," Lou said. 

We pulled into the parking lot of the hotel and then walked inside to the lobby. My eyelids felt heavy as we rode the elevator upstairs. 

I was glad to see that there was a new security guard standing guard, and he waved Lou and I right through. I sighed a breath of relief.

A lot of people waited up for me, including Lottie, Harry, and Niall. They were all sitting on the floor in the hallway, knees pressed to their chests. 

"I don't want to talk to you right now," I said, avoiding eye contact with Niall. I watched as Lou took Lottie into a room. Even Harry dispersed into his room after seeing the look on my face. 

"I'm sorry," Niall said. 

"That would've been nice to hear hours ago," I said, opening the door to our room.

"We need to talk," Niall said. 

"No shit," I said, grabbing my pillow and some pajamas. "It's going to have to wait until the morning because it's 3:30 and I'm just a little exhausted."

"I can't go to bed knowing that you're mad at me," he said, watching me gather more of my things. 

"Well then don't," I shot back, and then opened the door to the hallway. 

"Where are you going?" He asked, as if he was surprised.

"I'm going to sleep in Lou's room tonight," I said. "I can't sleep in the same room as you knowing that you're in it."

"No," he said, trying to stop me by grabbing my arm. "Sleep here. I'll go move to another room."

"I'll see you in the morning, Niall," I said, trying to conceal a shake in my voice. Yanking my arm out of his grip, I felt my cheeks heat up as I walked away, but I didn't look back.

Lou's room was a few doors to the right of ours, and I knocked on her door with dread.

"Come on in, Alyssa," she said when she saw me. She had an extra bed in her room since Lux wasn't around for the week. 

"Thanks for letting me sleep here," I said, walking in and throwing my stuff on the bed. 

"It's not a problem," she responded. Without hesitation, I changed into my pajamas and climbed into bed. 

I didn't sleep a wink, in fact, I cried all night. Well, what was left of it. 

Whenever I cried at night, it was always a suppressed cry. I never started bawling at the top of my lungs. I always tried to hide it. 

That's what I spent my entire night doing. Taking small breaths and then letting myself cry.

It was a long night, and an even longer morning. I heard Lou get up at eight. She asked me if I wanted to put the TV on, and handed me the remote. 

I put the TV on and Lou got up to get ready in the bathroom. 

I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed.

I did, however, manage to sit up. I wiped the tears from my eyes. She had only gotten a little over four hours of sleep, and me, none. 

It wasn't long until there was a knock on the door. Lou opened it, but I already knew who it was behind the door.