Chapter 17

~Stella's POV~
I was telling Kelly about the gender reveal party. When all of a sudden we heard a man screaming, "help, help! She's not breathing!"

I looked over and saw a teenage girl laying unconscious in her chair. I took off my heels and quickly got over toward her. Kelly followed me.
"What happened?" I asked the guy.
" I don't know... she was drinking her juice and then all of a sudden she went unconscious!" The man told us.
"Juice?" I asked the man. I looked at Kelly to get the "juice".
"Sir, are you aware that this is beer?" Kelly asked him. Kelly smelled the glass and knew what it was immediately.
"What??? No, that's impossible! She's 19! She can't drink yet!" The man yelled.
"Well... I didn't know she was 19..." their waitress came over to tell the man. She looked afraid. "She gave me an ID and it said she was 23. And she asked me to give her a beer whenever she asked for apple juice. She said that you are very strict about drinking." She added.
"What?!? The man said furiously. Some other guys took him away to let me work.
"Kelly, help me get her in the floor." I told him.
Kelly got her onto the floor for me.

"I don't have a pulse. And she's not breathing. We have to crike her. We can't intubate without any equipment, but we can make a makeshift crike. Get me tape, a bowl, cleaner, a napkin, and a straw." I told a waiter. 5 minutes later he came back with the supplies. I poured the cleaner into the bowl. Put some on my hands, put some on the girl's neck where I have to make the incision. "Kelly, I need your knife." I told him. He gave it to me and I put it in the bowl for a minute to sterilize it.
I made the incision, put the straw in, and used the tape to set the straw in place. I blew in the straw a couple times before I felt her pulse again.

"Still no pulse." I told Kelly. I asked a waiter, "you guys have a heart monitor here? A cardiac defibrillator?"
"Yes we do!" He ran into the kitchen and came back with it. I placed them on the girl.
"Kelly, she's going into V-fib." I told him. "Charge the paddles to 200."
"Are you sure you know what you're doing?" Some lady came up to me.
"Ma'am, I am a paramedic and firefighter with the CFD. So yes, now let me help her." I told the lady.
"Charged up." Kelly told me. Giving me the paddles
"Alright... shocking, clear!" I yelled. We shocked her, no change. "Clear!" I yelled again. "Dammit, come on! Clear!" I yelled for a third time. We heard steady beeping.
"We got a rhythm!" Kelly yelled out. Everyone cheered. Just then the paramedics came in.
"Stella!" Violet came as she saw me.
"Hey! So she was in v-fib for about 10 minutes. We shocked her 3 times before getting a rhythm again. We had to do a makeshift crike to get her oxygen. She has alcohol poisoning." I explained to her.
"Great job! If you weren't here. She probably wouldn't be alive." Violet explained to me.

After that whole ordeal, Kelly and I finished our dinner, and went back to the cabin.

-Back at the Cabin-
~Kelly's POV~
"That was a crazy dinner" I chuckled as me and Stella got in bed.
"Yea it was, good thing we were there though. Who knows what would've happened to that girl." She told me.
"You were amazing in there." I told her with a kiss.
"Thanks, so were you!" She kissed me back.

~Stella's POV~
-next day-
Kelly and I woke up to our alarms ringing.
"We aren't on shift, why are they ringing?" I asked him.
"I guess we forgot to shut them off." He told me.
"What will we tell Boden? I don't want to announce our engagement just yet, maybe at the gender reveal." I told him.
"What if you call Dawson and I call Boden? You can tell Dawson that you don't feel well. And that to tell her to tell Chief. And I'll call Chief and tell him that you don't feel well so we need a sick day." He explained to me.
"Alright. I'll call Dawson." I told him. I went into the living room while Kelly stayed in the bedroom to call Boden.

Dawson: "Hey Stella, what's up?"
Stella: "hey, can you do me a favor?"
Dawson: "of course! What is it?"
Stella: "Can you tell Boden that I'll be out today?"
Dawson: "yea sure! What's wrong?"
Stella: "I just woke up and my morning sickness and hormones have been horrible. I've been awake since 5 am crying and just super nauseous this whole time. I even lashed out at Kelly because he brought me water from the pantry instead of from the fridge."
Dawson: "aww hun, it's ok! Try to relax and don't stress yourself out too much! Do you want me to come by later?"
Stella: "no it's fine. I got Kelly here with me."
Dawson: "ok, but I'm coming by after shift tomorrow!"
Stella: "gabby, you don't need to.."
Dawson: "yes I do! You're my best friend and I want to make sure you're alright! Matt and I coming by first thing tomorrow after shift with breakfast!"

I hung up the phone with Dawson.
"Great.." I said putting my head in my hands.
"Everything ok?" Kelly came to me.
"I just got off the phone with Dawson. I told her that my morning sickness and hormones have been crazy all morning so far. I told her that I've been awake since 5 am crying and just sitting in bed super nauseous. And that I lashed out at you for some reason." I explained to him.
"Ok.. and what's wrong?" He asked me.
"She asked me if she could come by today to check on me. I told her it's fine because I have you. But then she said her and Matt would be at our apartment tomorrow first thing after shift with breakfast. To make sure everything is fine. So we'll have to leave today." I told him.
"Oh.. it's ok. Want to leave now, just in case she decides to come today?" He asked me.
"Yea, we should." I told him. "What did you tell Boden?" I added.
"I basically just said that your morning sickness and hormones are being a little out of control today, and that you needed a sick day. So I asked him if we could take this day off, and he said yes." He told me.

We got dressed and headed back home.
An hour after we got home I heard a knock on the door. Kelly went to get it. He looked through the peephole. "Dawson" he mouthed to me. I quickly went to the bedroom, and hid the luggage bags in the closet and closed the closet doors. I coughed to give Kelly the ok for letting her in.
I heard them in the living room.
"Hey Kell, how's Stella doing?" Gabby asked Kelly.
"She's been up and down almost the whole day... she hasn't been able to keep anything down. Her hormones have been everywhere. She's actually sleeping right now." Kelly said. Once I heard that immediately pretended to be asleep.
"Can I see her? I just wanted to check on her." Gabby asked Kelly.
"Uh, yea sure.. but I thought you were gonna come by tomorrow?" Kelly told her. I could hear the coming closer to the bedroom. I heard Gabby open the door. And shake me a bit.
"Hey honey, I just wanted to check how you were doing." She said to me with a smile.
"Good. I think I'm ok right now." All of a sudden I actually got super nauseous and I ran out of bed to the bathroom.
"You ok?" I heard Gabby call out from the bedroom.
"Yea, I'm good." I told her as I went back into the bedroom.
Gabby's radio went off.
"Ambo 61. Person in distress. 671 south st." Her radio said. I guess she was the one covering for me today.
"Gabby, come on. You heard main." Brett's voice came out of Gabby's radio.
"Heading down now." Gabby told Brett.
"I'll see you guys tomorrow." Gabby told us before leaving.

-next day-
Gabby and Matt came over with breakfast at 9am. We talked for a bit before they left to get some sleep. Dawson told me that they got a replacement for Chili on ambo, but wouldn't tell me who. I was curious who it was.

❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥