Chapter 7

*three weeks later*
I woke up to Kelly's and I's alarm blaring at the same time.
"Time for work" Kelly groaned. He rolled over to my side and gave me a kiss.
"Ughh" I said pulling the blanket over my head. I haven't been feeling too good lately. I think it's a cold. My body was still a little weak from the accident a few weeks ago. At least, I think it's from the accident. But I didn't tell Kelly because I wanted to get back to work. I probably just caught a bug.

-At shift-
I still wasn't feeling good. Kelly was getting a little suspicious because I didn't eat breakfast and slept in his quarters for the first 2 hours of shift.
I was going over to Brett to see if she had anything I could take in the ambo because I already took stuff and it wasn't working. But then the bells went off
Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambo 61, Engine 51, house fire 3981 Walbash street.
We all got our gear on and headed to the scene.
The smoke was already black.
"Alright. Squad, Truck, take two men each. You got 2 minutes." Chief ordered us. I was hoping Casey wouldn't say my name because I was feeling a little dizzy. Dawson saw and went over to me.
"Hey you-" She asked me. Only to be cut off by Casey.
"Dawson, Kidd with me. Mouch raise an aerial up to the north side window, if we have any victims on the 2nd floor,we'll bring them out through there." Casey ordered. I groaned when he called me name. But I put my gear on and waited for Casey to order us inside.
"Let's go!" Casey ordered.
Me and Dawson kept close. I saw a victim. It was a little girl. She was still alive just had smoke inhalation. I put her in my jacket and carried her out. Dawson quickly after me came with a teenage boy unconscious. Me and Dawson came out through the front door since our victims were on the first floor. Squad quickly came out with the mom and Dad and Casey came with another little girl. The whole family was taken to Med and we headed back to the house.

-At the Firehouse-
When we got out of the truck and I headed to my bunk. Dawson followed me. Truck was the only one who was at the house right now. Ambo was at Med, and Squad and Engine were getting gas. Everyone besides me and Dawson went to the common room. As I was heading towards the bunk room, Dawson ran up behind me.
"Hey, you ok? At that call you looked a little.. idk dizzy, off?" Dawson asked me. I didn't answer her at first, I just walked more towards my bunk. I sat on my bunk and put my head in my hands.
"Listen to me, Stella, are you ok?" Dawson asked me again. She sat next to me on my bunk and put her hand on my back. I took my head out of my hands.
"Idk, my body just feels weak. And I've just been feeling...off lately." I finally told her.
"Hmm.. you want something? I think I have DayQuil and Advil in my locker." Dawson told me. "You need Advil? You in any pain?" She asked me.
"No, my body just feels weak, and a little dizzy... and sometimes nauseous..." I told her.
"Well, come on, let's see what I got in my locker." She said as she got up and took my hand, pulling me off the bed.

*15 minutes later*
~Kelly's POV~
Me and Squad just got back to the firehouse. I went to go find Stella. She's been acting a little off lately. She's been more tired and she's sometimes won't eat.

I walked around the firehouse trying to find her. I went into my quarters to get my phone to text her and I found her sleeping on my bunk. I laid next to her, then she started to wake up.
"Hey...sorry.. I was tired and the guys were being too noisy, I could hear them in the common room from my bunk." She told me as she was waking up. I saw a thing of DayQuil on my desk.
"You took some medicine? Are you sick?" I asked her.
"I don't know... I've just been tired and weak and just out of it." She told me. I felt bad. I don't think she's  fully healed from the car accident.
"Are you sure it's not from the car accident? Maybe you still have some pain from that?" I told her.
"No, I don't think so. I was feeling sick before the car accident..." She told me. I was kinda upset that she didn't tell me.
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"I didn't want you to worry, I'm sure it's just a cold or bug."
We laid in bed together for a little bit more. Then we went on with shift.

*After Shift*
Stella and Gabby were going to hang out the whole day. Before Stella left I talked to her.
"If you don't feel well, tell Dawson and come home."
"Kelly I'll be fine, I think you forget that me and Dawson are certified paramedics.." she laughed.
"Ok, you're right, bye love you." I gave her a kiss and they left.

❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥