Chapter 48

~Stella's POV~
-1 month later-
Kelly and I decided to wait to tell anyone about our pregnancy. Even though this pregnancy has been harder already so far, I just don't want to stop working. We've only told Chief. I've been keeping it a secret and have been working on truck. But I've been super careful. I've started to show for about 3 weeks now, my stomach has been super swollen and way more big then it was with Brielle, but I've been wearing bigger uniforms so know one has noticed. I've been good at keeping it a secret. It's been way harder, especially since this pregnancy has been harder on me. Gabby has a gotten a bit suspicious, but today we we're going to tell Gabby and Matt. We have a little box for them to open. When they open the box, they have to lift up a baby blanket, underneath the blanket, there will be a note that says "god baby #2 coming in February!" Then there will be a little sonogram photo. We put off finding out the gender until 16 weeks.

I was getting ready because Gabby and Matt were coming over. We were going to tell them we are pregnant. Kelly came into the room as I was getting Brielle ready.
"Hey, what are you doing?" Kelly asked as he walked in.
"Finishing her hair. Then I promised we would play firetrucks!" I told Kelly as I tickled Brielle.
Brielle just laughed when I tickled her.
"You gonna play firetrucks with mommy? Which one are you going to be? Truck, Squad, Engine? Or ambo?" Kelly asked her.
"Squad!" Brielle giggled.
"She's a daddy's girl alright" I chuckled.
"All done! Now let's play!" Brielle jumped off the bed and ran to her room.
"Just a minute baby, mommy has to finish getting ready!" I told her. I put on a sweater over a tight shirt I was wearing that showed my bump. I started showing more quick and my stomach has been way more swollen this pregnancy. And I'm only 15 weeks.
At 15 weeks, I was barley showing with Brielle, but my stomach looks like I'm 20-22 weeks right now.
"How in the world did you hide your pregnancy do well these past few weeks?" Kelly asked as I put on my sweater that just barely showed my bump.
"I've been wearing bigger shirts and sweaters. And when I have my turnout gear on, you can't even tell in the slightest." I told him.
"Just think, we'll have another little one running around soon." Kelly told me as I put on my sweater.
"Yea, we will... I can't wait for Gabby and Matt to know... and to be done with Truck next shift." I slightly chuckled.
"Mommy! Come on!" Brielle came running into my room. She grabbed my hand and took me to her room!
"Ok, ok, princess! I'm coming!" I chuckled as I let her pull me to her room.
"Listen, Auntie Gabby, Uncle Matt, and Ally are coming over in a bit!" I told her.
"Yay! Ally!" She said. Ally's her best friend.
"Yea! Now, you wanna go and save lives?" I played with her, holding up one of her firetrucks.
"Yay! Mommy, do the noise!!" She yelled out. She calls the bells the noise.

"Squad 3, truck 81, house fire 45 greyhound rd." I put my hands over my mouth and mimicked the bells.
Brielle started rolling her truck everywhere around her room.
She started mimicking the sirens noises.
"What's going on here?" Kelly came in and laughed.
"Daddy! Watch out! The house is on fire!" Brielle laughed and pointed to her bed.
"Oh no! Quick! Put it out!" Kelly laughed.
Brielle started making water noises.
Then we heard a knock at the door.
"Ally!" Brielle laughed and picked up her toys, put them away. And ran to the door.
"Ready?" Kelly whispered to me before opening the door. I nodded my head.

"Hey Severides!" Matt yelled as they came in. We all laughed. "We brought some goods!" Matt said as he walked in, holding a liquor store bag.
I looked at Kelly for a second. I love drinking when I'm not pregnant, but even the smell of alcohol this pregnancy makes me throw up.
"Hey!" I hugged Gabby.
"Ally! Let's go play!" Brielle yelled as they ran to her room.
"Omg they are so cute..." Gabby smiled as we sat down on the sofa.
"Yea they are..." I smiled as we heard them laughing in the room.

"Hey guys! Come here!" I heard Casey call us from the kitchen.
"Yea?" Gabby and I asked as we walked in.
"What do you guys want to drink? We have red wine, rosé, and beer." Casey said.
"I'll take a glass of rosé." Gabby asked.
Matt poured her the drink.
"Alright, Stella, how bout you?" Casey asked.
"I'm good." I told him. I tired not to breathe through my noise because I knew the smell of alcohol would make me nauseous. Gabby looked at me shocked.
"You never reject alcohol." Gabby laughed.
"I had a migraine earlier, and I took some meds like an hour ago, and I don't want the alcohol to affect that." I lied.
"Oh Ok..." Gabby said.
"Mommy! Come and play!" Brielle and Ally came out and took our hands.
"Ok ok! What are we playing?" I asked as we got to the room.
The girls both looked at each other and tapped Gabby and I.
"Tag! You're both it!" They both yelled and ran.
Oh boy I thought to myself.
We ran after the girls. After about 5 minutes we were able to tag them and Gabby and I were exhausted.
"How is it we get so winded running for 5 minutes, but not while running up like 50 flights of stairs in a fire?" Gabby laughed.
"Maybe it's because we have oxygen masks?" I laughed.
"Omg it's so hot now!" Gabby laughed. "How are you wearing a sweater??"
"It was cold in here before!" I said.