Chapter 43

Mrs. Lassiter's POV

"I know one of your biggest problems is Malaysia. That's what we're gonna work on today."

I roll my eyes. I've already told this lady that she's HIS problem. DEFINITELY not mine. If she was, I wouldn't be fucking her. Well, actually.....I probably would hate fuck her.

"She's not our problem. She's his problem. Like I said before." "I think all three of you need to spend quality time together. How about play boardgames?"

"But I don't like her." Ron so rudely says. I roll my eyes. "Funny how you're so for working on our relationship until it comes down to her."

"You know I don't like her." "And why the fuck not? All of this hate for fucking what? Is it because we're close? Are you jealous? Are you mad that she understands me far more than you ever can?"

"What, so is she your best friend now?" She's more than that.

"And even if she is?" "I think it's weird." "I talk to her. I feel comfortable with her. She listens to me. She's comfortable with me. She talks to me. I listen to her."

"But why do you talk to her when you can always talk to me? Sometimes it feels like she's your wife or something."

How great would that be?

"I don't know, Ron. I guess it's because she's a woman, and I feel safer talking to her than with you."

"This is good. Both of you need to talk out your feelings."

"How can I make you feel safer with me?" "Stop hating her. She did absolutely nothing wrong to you. I mean, come on. She's an eighteen-year-old woman. She's no harm to you. She literally just co-exists with you, and it's like you hate the thought of it. The way you treat her pushes me away from you."

"Why do you care about her so much, huh? That's all I wanna know." "Because, Ron, she was my student and she had nowhere to go when her grandma died. I've told you this so many times, but it's like you never hear me. See, this is what I'm talking about. This is why I talk to her and not you."

"We've made progress today. Do as I suggest and spend quality time with Malaysia."

.....

It's been a few weeks since our last counseling session. It was hard as hell to convince Ron to do something with both me and Malaysia, but we're currently playing Monopoly.

Malaysia's POV

This is fucking weird. Why the fuck are me, Ethena, AND Ron playing Monopoly together?

"I'm the car!" I exclaim. Ethena giggles and smiles at me, me smiling back. Ron rolls his eyes. "Lighten up, Ron." Ethena says, giving him a slight attitude.

He sighs. "I'll be the boat." He says. "I'm the hat." She says. Suddenly, Jacob runs in.

"Daddy, you're back!" He says as he runs to his dad. Ron smiles at him as he picks him up. Ron kisses Ethena's lips, making her cringe.

"Yessss, I'm back, and I'm never leaving again." "So no more business trips?" "What?" Ron says, looking at his son with pure confusion.

"Mommy told me you went on a business trip."

Ron immediately looks at Ethena like he wants to kill her. "Um, so.......shall we start?" Ethena awkwardly says.

We get the game started, Jacob adorably playing with the fake money that's in the "bank".

.....

"Park Place? Mmmmmm......I'll buy it." I say. I give Ethena the money for Park Place and she gives me the property card.

Mrs. Lassiter's POV

"Ethena, can I talk to you for a minute?" Ron whispers in my ear only for me to hear.

We put our money down and go to talk outside. "What the hell was that?" He says angrily, frowning.

"What are you talking about?" "The way you and Malaysia were looking at each other. What the fuck, Ethena?"

"Oh my God, it was nothing. You're being so ridiculous right now." "And you lied to our son? Really, Ethena?"

"What, did you want me to tell him that his dad voluntarily, WILLINGLY left us? What was I supposed to do?"

"You could've told him the truth. The whole truth. That I left because you couldn't choose me over her."

"He's a kid, Ron. He's five. He doesn't need to know stuff like that." "He doesn't need to be lied to either."

He sighs, running his hands through his hair. "I swear, Ethena, it's like we can't see eye to eye on anything."

I really just wanna get back to Monopoly. "Ron, we'll talk about it later. Let's just go back inside, play some Monopoly, and have fun."

.....

Ron lands on one of Malaysia's properties. "Hahaaaaa, pay me!" She says. He sighs before paying the rent.

I take my turn, rolling the dice and moving my piece. "Oo! Free parking!" I say and take the money under the space.

.....

Ron and I are in our bed, talking about our game of Monopoly. Malaysia ended up winning.

"I actually had fun, even though I always had to pay her rent." Ron says. "See? Malaysia isn't so bad. Please try to be nice to her."

"I will. For you."