Chapter 20

Malaysia's POV

   "So, how did counseling go?"  "Oh Malaysia, it was awful.  We ended up arguing."  "About what?"  "Everything we usually argue about.  Anyway, what's going on with you and your family?"

"They're still coming.  The funeral's been arranged.  It's next week.  I'm not looking forward to it.  It means I have to see her.  Why can't she be in the casket instead?"

"Everything happens for a reason.  God did this to make you stronger.  We'll get through this together.  I'll be there at the funeral."

"Thanks so much, Ethena.  I love you so much."  "I love you, too, Baby.  I wish I was with you from the start."  "That's sweet, but if that happened, Jacob wouldn't exist."

"True, but neither would my marital problems.  We go back to counseling tomorrow.  I wish I had you, Jacob, and no Ron.  That would be perfect."

.....

"What do you want?"  I say with venom in my voice.  "Malaysia, if you're gonna be like this, then why meet with me?"  "Because I want to hear what bullshit excuse you have."

"Don't you dare talk to me that way!  I am your mother."  "No, stranger, you're my egg donor.  Don't think you can come back into my life after seventeen years and go demanding repsect.  Pipe the fuck down."

She looks shocked by my words.  She regroups.  That's right, bitch.  You see I'm not playing with you.  "You're right.  Let's start over.  How are you?"

"Fine."  I say in a flat tone.  "Are you single?  Do you have a boyfriend?"  She smiles.  "I'm dating an older woman."  I take a sip from my straw, looking at her like, "What's up, bitch?  You wanna square up about it?"

Her smile slowly disappears and her face contorts into a frown.  "An older woman?"  "Yeah.  Problem?"

Lena's POV

I've never seen so much sass and attitude from Malaysia before.  You'd think she'd be a little more respectful to me.

Malaysia's POV

"Are you lesbian?"  "No.  I'm bi."  "How old is this woman?"  "That's for me to know and for you to never find out."  "I don't approve of you dating an older woman.  I shouldn't have left you.  It's clear you need guidance."

Bitch.  The fuck?  "You don't run me!  You can't run me!,"  I stand up.  "Call me when you learn how to not be a deadbeat mom.  Bitch."

I walk away from the piece of shit of a mother.

.....

"How did it go?"  I don't even answer Ethena.  I'm really drained, and I just really want to go to bed.  I start going up the stairs.

"Malaysia, how'd it go?"  "Leave me alone, Ethena!"

Mrs. Lassiter's POV

She runs up the stairs.  She just...yelled...at me.  It must've went bad.  She's never yelled at me before.  I can handle Ron screaming at me, but it hurts when Malaysia does it.

First, Ron and I are always having screaming matches.  Now, Malaysia's yelling at me, too.  I need a drink.  I go to the kitchen and get a glass of wine.  I down it, drinking another one immediately.

Malaysia's POV

I didn't mean to yell at Ethena.  I feel bad.