Chapter 15

Mrs. Lassiter's POV

   Jacob's not here, but Malaysia and I are sipping coffee together while sipping tea.  "So how have things been lately between you and Mr. Lassiter?"

"Oh, you know, volatile and tension-filled as always.  We do the silent treatment to the max.  Anything happen with you recently?"

"My best friend's girlfriend hit on me yesterday, and I had to break it to him the hard way."  "Oh wow."  "Are you jealous?"  She smirks.  "A little,"  I smirk.

"I know I got you on lock, so I'm not sweating it."  "Very true."  We kiss.  "So you're not mad at him anymore?"  "Oh no, I still am.  I just had to tell him because I still care about him as a person."

"You're such a sweet girl.  I love that about you."  "Thanks, Ethena."  "Did he not apologize?"  "He did, but I'm not ready to forgive him yet."

"Well, despite my views on men, I think you should."  "What?  Why?"  She says, frowning.  "Because if you guys are as close as you say you are, then you wouldn't let something like this ruin your friendship.  Look, Darian is a young boy.  He makes stupid decisions.  He got caught up with a girl, but at the end of the day, you're the most important girl to him, and I don't think you should keep being mad at him."

"Ethena, I don't think so."  "Malaysia."  I say with a stern tone of voice, sternly looking at her.  "Yes?"  She says, sounding like my kid.  "Go tell him you forgive him."

She sighs.  "Ok."  "Good girl."  I say with a smile, my eyes closed from smiling so hard.

Malaysia's POV

She better be glad she's cute...and authoritative.

.....

"Lay, I know you don't want to talk to me, but-"  "I forgive you."  "Wait, what?"  "I forgive you."  "Oh, Lay, that's great.  I-"  "Just never do that again."

"I promise you, Lay, it'll never happen again."  He hugs me, and I roll my eyes.

"Wanna hang out at my house?  We can play COD."  He says.  I really don't want to, but...  "Ok."

We go to his house.  We go to his room and power up the game.

We play for awhile before he says something.  "Oh, Lay, before I forget, there's this boy that I know that has a huge crush on you.  He wants to get your number or like, social media."

"Sorry.  I'm in a relationship."  "What?"  He says, sounding shocked as he looks at me, not playing the game.  "Yeah."  I nonchalantly say, continuing to look at the screen and play the game.

"Has it really been that long since you've really talked to me?  With who?"  "Start playing, Darian.  I'm not carrying the team again like I had to do when Veronica was in the picture."

"Oh, sorry,"  He starts playing again.  "But who are you in a relationship with?  Do I know him?"  "Can't say, but it's a girl."

"Hold up, hold up,"  He puts the controller down and looks at me.  "You're in a relationship with a girl?"  I sigh and put my controller down as well.  I look at him.

"Yes."  "It must've been a really long time since you've talked to me.  Since when are you bi?"  "Since awhile now."

"I have to meet her."  "No can do."  "Aaaw, come on.  It's not like you're dating a teacher or something."  My eyes mentally go big.

I laugh it off.  "That would be ridiculous."  "Yeah, so tell me who it is."  "You wouldn't know her.  She doesn't go to our school."

"You didn't know Veronica, but I told you about her.  You even met her, too."  "Just leave it alone, Darian."  "Fine."