Chapter 21

Mrs. Lassiter's POV

   "So a lot of things were said in the role reversal.  Now that we know what you two think of each other, let's assess what was said and evaluate the emotions behind them."

"Ok."  Ron replies.  "So, Ethena, you started off by saying Ron only cares about sex.  Ron, what is the thing you really care about?"

"Sex between a husband and wife is supposed to be about intimacy.  I want to be able to tell my wife I love her while I'm as close to her as can be in the most intimate way possible.  How can I do that when she won't even let me touch her intimately?"

"Ok, now, Ethena, how do you feel about that?"  "I get that he wants to show me that he loves me by being intimate, but there's other ways to show me he loves me.  Buy me flowers, compliment me.  I can't remember the last time he's said something nice to me."

"Is that true, Mr. Lassiter?"  He looks down, his eyes moving from side to side.  "I-I guess it is."  "Has Mrs. Lassiter ever expressed this to you before?"

"No."  "I think another problem you guys have is lack of communication.  Let's try an exercise.  Both of you are going to take turns saying nice things to each other, starting with Mrs. Lassiter."

Oh God.

We face each other.  "I...like your hair."  He smally smiles and chuckles.  "I like your kindness."  "I like your face...I guess." 

"I like your cooking.  You always make the best food, and you always have."  "I like that you're in Jacob's life.  You could've been a deadbeat, but you're not."

"The reason I fell in love with you is because you're so sweet.  You're so loving and caring.  You've always known how to make me smile.  When we first started dating, everything felt so right.  Nothing could touch us.  No one could hurt us.  I love you, Ethena."  He says, smiling at me brightly, his bright white teeth showing.

Sigh.  He takes my hand.  "I'm sorry we're having problems, Ethena.  I'm going to work on being a better husband."  He says.

Malaysia's POV

"So, this girl.  Tell me about her."  Darian says before taking a grape from the fruit bowl and popping it in his mouth.  "I can't say much.  Just know, she's older."

"Older?,"  He says as he raises a brow.  "How much older are we talking here?  Ten, twenty years?  Five?"  "Just don't worry about it."

He eats another grape.  "When will I get to meet her?"  "Never.  She likes for our relationship to stay low key."  "What, is she like, ashamed of you or something?"  "No.  She could never be.  She just doesn't like for people to be in our business, and I respect that."

"Alright.  I'll leave you alone about it.  Wanna go play with Jacob?"  "Sure."