Chapter 2

"Grandma, can I be a babysitter for my teacher? She needs one, and I want to make some money doing something I love." "Of course you can, Malaysia."

I live with my Grandma. My dad died while he was overseas, and my mom abandoned me. I've been living with my grandma ever since. She's everything to me. I don't know what I'd do without her.

"Grandma, can I go to my friend's house?" "Yes, Malaysia."

.....

"You're gonna be Mrs. Lassiter's babysitter?" My friend Darian questions. We're in the pool, lemonade in a pitcher and glasses next to us.

"Yeah." "Wow, isn't that kinda awkward? I mean, she's your teacher." "I don't think it's awkward. Plus, I love her kid already, so I look forward to it."

"Mrs. Lassiter is so fine. You're so lucky you get to be around her outside of school. When do you start?" "Whenever she needs me to."

We start playing around in the water. He lifts me up and throws me into it. I come back up and punch his arm. He laughs at me. Darian is my best friend. I love him like a brother. We always have a great time together.

We sip our lemonade until it's all gone.

.....

"Malaysia, can you stay back for a second?" "Sure, Mrs. Lassiter." "I need your contact information, and you need mine and my husband's."

"Of course. My number is 453-279-8745." As I tell her my number, she puts it in her phone. I take out my phone and put in their numbers as she tells me what they are.

"As far as your pay goes, let's say, mmmm, about 25 dollars an hour. That seems fair." "Thank you, Mrs. Lassiter." "You're welcome, and if you ever need or want any extra money, I could pay you to clean my house." "I could take up that offer. Sure, I'll clean your house for you."

"Thanks so much, Malaysia. You're such a big help." "I like helping people, so no problem. No need to thank me." "No, I do need to thank you. Sometimes, motherly and womanly duties get tiring, and now you're here to help me with my load. I really appreciate it." "You're welcome."

Looks like I'll be seeing a lot more of Mrs. Lassiter.

A/N

This is Malaysia. She has green eyes.

 She has green eyes

This is her hair.

Tonight is my first babysitting job

Tonight is my first babysitting job. "His bath time is 7, he eats dinner afterwards, and he loves watching Spongebob."  Mrs. Lassiter says, rocking a red sparkly dress that stops mid-thigh.

She's wearing red lipstick, and her curly hair is in an up-do.  Needless to say, she looks hot.

"Yes ma'am."  She walks over to me, her heavenly scent filling my nose.  "Bye, little Jacob."  She says to him with the brightest smile, gently pinching his cheek.

He smiles his award-winning smile, his little teeth showing.

"See you later, Malaysia.  Thanks again."  She says.  "You're welcome.  See you later."  They walk out the door, leaving me alone with their handsome son.  This kid's gonna be a heartbreaker when he grows up.

One thing I admire about Mrs. Lassiter is that she absolutely adores Jacob.  You can see it on her face when she looks at him.  He's absolutely her whole world, and it shows.

"Hey, little Jacob.  Looks like it's just you and me."  I say, holding him to where he's eye-level to me, looking him in the eyes with a smile.  He smiles his signature smile and reaches his hand out, touching my nose.

I blow a raspberry on his stomach, making him laugh uncontrollably.  It's a beautiful sound.  I love hearing it every time.  "Come on, Jacob.  Let's watch Spongebob."

I walk over to the couch and sit down, sitting him on my lap.  I pick up the remote and turn on the TV.  I search the guide.  Once Spongebob is highlighted, I click info.

Good.  It's one of the older Spongebobs.  The newer ones are just trash.  Like, they're just stupid.  Like, bad stupid.

Spongebob is supposed to be stupid, but good, funny stupid.  Now, everyone acts like a crackhead.  The only one that's supposed to act like a crackhead is Patrick, not the whole damn town.

And since when did Mrs. Puff, Karen, Sandy, and Pearl start hanging out together?  No one hangs out with Karen.  None of it makes sense anymore.

I click on Spongebob.  As we watch, Jacob starts laughing, his body going forward.  I hold him in place.  His laugh is amazing.  I laugh, him laughing making me laugh.

My phone buzzes, and I look at it.  I got a text from Mrs. Lassiter.

Mrs. Lassiter: You're welcomed to any food in the house and Jacob's toys are in his room upstairs if he wants to play with them 

Me: Yes ma'am. Thank you

Mrs. Lassiter: You're welcome

After watching Spongebob for awhile, I decide I'm gonna get his toys.  "You wanna go get your toys?"  He smiles in response.  "I'll take that as a yes." 

I walk up the stairs with Jacob on my hip.  As I search for the room, I see an open door.  The room has a small bed, some toys, stuffed animals, a small bookshelf, and stickers of different Spongebob characters on the blue walls.  This is obviously Jacob's room.

I take the toys and go downstairs.  I sit him on the floor and watch him play.

7:00 comes and I give him a bath.

Mrs. Lassiter: Jacob's bedtime is 8:00

Me: Yes ma'am

I take him to the kitchen and fix his food.  I decide to make myself a sandwich.  I alternate between feeding him and myself.  When we're done, I start playing with him, making him laugh and smile.  He plants a kiss on my cheek.

Awww, he just gave me a kiss.  "I love you, too, Jacob."  I look at the time.  "Oh, Jacob, it's eight.  Time for you to go to bed."

I go upstairs and put him in his bed on his back.  "Goodnight, Jacob."  I gently stroke his hair and plant a kiss to his forehead.

I go downstairs, retrieve his toys, go back upstairs, and put them away.  I go back downstairs and chill on the couch, watching TV.  When I get bored with that, I watch K-dramas on my phone.

The door opens, making me look over at it.  Mr. and Mrs. Lassiter are laughing as they walk through the door.  "Hi, Malaysia."  Mrs. Lassiter says.  "Hi, Mrs. Lassiter.  Jacob is fast asleep."

Mrs. Lassiter goes upstairs before coming back.  "He's been fed?"  She questions.  "Yes ma'am."  "Bathed?"  "Yes ma'am."  "Looks like you've done a great job.  Here's your money."

She goes into her clutch purse and pulls out a wad of money, giving it to me.  I count it.  Yep, $75.  "Thank you."  "You're welcome."  "Have a nice night."  "You, too.  See you tomorrow, Malaysia."  "See you tomorrow, Mrs. Lassiter."