Chapter 56

Mrs. Lassiter's POV

  Ron and I are sitting in a conference room in his lawyer's office.  He told me to bring mine.  What's going on?

He asked both of them to leave, so it's just him and I right now.

He's looking at me so coldly.  "Ethena.........I want a divorce."

I'm shocked.  I mean, this is what I wanted, but I wasn't expecting it to happen right now.

"Divorce?  Why?"  "I found it."  He sounds so callous and composed.  "Found what?"  "This!"  He says, flinging my journal onto the table.

My jaw drops in shock.  For once, I'm left speechless.

"You went through my journal?"  I say, frowning.  He regains his cold, flat composure.

"All this time, you've been lying to me.  All this time, I was right.  You're sick, and you need help.  The only reason I don't have your ass in jail right now is because you're my son's mom.  All the times you claimed you care about her because she didn't have anywhere to go, it's because you were fucking her,"  He says, trying to keep his composure, but almost snapping.  "Every time I pointed out a sign of something going on, you twisted it like I was crazy or jealous or insecure.  I guess I really don't know you, because you are one manipulative fuck, and I didn't know that.  Now this definitely does explain the orange underwear.  It was hers.  It was hers all along-!,"  He takes a deep breath, closing his eyes.  He opens them again.  "All this time, my suspicions were correct, and you just brushed me off,"  He says, condescendingly looking at me and smirking.  "All the times you said you weren't fucking another nigga, it's because you were fucking another female.  The babysitter.  The babysitter, Ethena?  Really?  Out of all the people you choose to cheat on me with, you chose her?  Now I see why you wanted me to be nice to her,"  He says, pointing his finger up and waving it as he looks down.  He looks back at me, dead in the eyes.  "You wanted it to be easier for you to fuck her under my nose.  You're gay, Ethena?  You knew all this time, and didn't tell me?  I've given you so many opportunities to just tell me the truth, and you didn't.  Not once.  You just weren't gonna tell me anything?  You had me sitting here like a dumbass, waiting for you!  Trying to make things right!  Trying to be better for you and fix our relationship, all for you to say, "Fuck it."  How do you fall for your student, hm?  Tell me.  How do you fall for her instead of being devoted to your husband?!"

"Look, it just happened-"  "You were attracted to a seventeen-year-old girl?  Honestly, I can't stand looking at you right now,"  I look down at the floor, feeling so small at being caught in my lies and at what he just said.  "People were telling me that you were cheating on me, but I didn't listen.  I didn't wanna believe that you could do something like that to me.  I thought too highly of you.  The years of us not having sex.......I tried to not think anything of it.  But it all makes sense now.  You like the same thing I do.  According to you, my dick is "gross".  You think vaginas are beautiful.  Especially her vagina.  Now I see why you fought me on anything that came to her,"  He pauses for a moment before speaking again.  He has a condescending look on his face as he has a matching smile.  "It's funny, the puzzle pieces are aaaallll coming together.  And not only were you fucking her, but you LOVE her!"  He says, his fist angrily hitting the table.

At first, he didn't display any emotion.  Not a single tear.  Now he's showing anger.  And even still, he's not showing sadness.

"And you wanna get rid of me and live life with her and our son like I never existed?"  He says, sounding completely hurt and disrespected.  He sits back in his chair, his fingers interlocked and his mouth contorting.  "I honestly can't believe you right now.  The trip you invited her on, you fucked her.  You fucked her in our bed!  On our couch!  Where else did you do it, huh?  In Jacob's room?  The dining room?  The living room floor?!"

I don't answer him back.  "Do you have anything to say for yourself?  You always tried to play victim, when really you were the culprit all this time.  Making me believe that I was always the issue.  My mom was right about you."

"Ron,"  I sigh.  "I really tried to still love you at first, I did, but........it just wasn't working-"  "You could've just told me that you're gay and we could've left it at that."

"I didn't want to hurt you-"  "Hurt me?,"  He says incredulously.  "You don't think I'm hurting now?  You didn't have to go and have a whole fucking affair with the babysitter.  Is that the reason why she's our babysitter in the first place?  And start being honest with me for once.  I don't wanna hear any of your bullshit lies."

"Genuinely, it's not.  We needed some extra help with Jacob.  And she's living with us because her grandma died."

"But the reason you fought so hard for her to stay with us is because you were fucking her?  Right?"

I sigh.  "Yes."  I say, nodding my head.  "How many times did you fuck her?"  "Honestly, too many to count."

He momentarily smirks to himself, not looking at me.  He turns his attention back to me.  "So that time you left for a week, you were actually with her somewhere, right?"

"Yes."  "Funny.  I didn't even realize she was gone until now.  And it alllll makes sense now that she was with you.  You fucked her then, didn't you?"

"Yeah, and she fucked me, too.  With a strap-on."  "Mm,"  He says, condescendingly nodding his head.  "Where did you guys go?"

"We went on a vacation to the Bahamas."  "Oh, you must reeeeeeeaaally love her.  Her pussy must be golden.  She's got you whipped."  He momentarily chuckles.

I look at him, not knowing what to think.

"Y'know, a woman hit on me before, but I never did anything.  I would've never did to you what you did to me.  I'm done with you, Ethena.  But I know you're probably happy because that's what you wanted, right?  For me to be out of the picture and move on from you?  And you know what, I'm not even gonna fight for the house or anything like that.  You can keep it, even though it "reeks of my scent".  I don't want it.  Your pussies have been all over it anyway."

And with that, he calls our lawyers back into the room.