Chapter 6

Malaysia's POV

   Darian and Veronica have been dating for two months now.  We all hang out together sometimes, but when we do, most times I feel like a third wheel.

I'm glad he's happy and that he's found someone to make him that way, but that doesn't mean you push aside your best friend, especially when you've been best friends for forever and you claim you value her friendship.  Right now, I can't tell.

Any time I try to talk to him about it, she always ends up calling him to hang out.

"Whaddup, Lay?"  Darian says to me with a smile, sitting his tray down and taking a seat.  I get up and move to another table, not saying a word to him.  If I'm not going to be a social priority forever, then I'm not going to talk to him.

Darian's POV

What was that about?  Is she...is she mad at me?  She never gets mad at me.  What did I do?

Malaysia's POV

"Ethena, I'm so mad.  How can he even say he's my best friend when he completely tossed me to the side like yesterday's trash?  I'm such a good best friend to him, and this is how he treats me?"  I vent to her.

"You feel abandoned?"  "Yeah."  "What do you think is happening?"  "Well, he has this new girlfriend --well they've been dating for two months-- and I feel ignored."

"I'm sorry you feel unfulfilled, Malaysia.  That's what guys do.  They get a girlfriend, then forget everything around them."

"He wouldn't even be dating her if it weren't for me."  "It's ok, Malaysia.  I'll be your friend."  "I need a hug."  "Come here."  I lean in, laying my head on her breasts, my eyes closed, our arms wrapped around each other's bodies.

Her skin is soft and smells sweet.  She begins to stroke my hair.  It feels soothing to be held by Mrs. Lassiter.  I don't think I'll ever get used to calling her Ethena.

She has this specific touch that feels warm and inviting.  She plants a kiss to my forehead.  I don't think anything of it, though.  It's probably just a mother's love.

"Thank you so much, Mrs. L- Ethena."  "You're welcome, Darling."

We let go.  She kisses me.  On the lips.  I quickly pull away.  "Mrs. Lassiter!"  I say in complete shock, my eyes big and mouth wide open.

I scurry out the door.  "Wait!  Malaysia!"  Mrs. Lassiter says, chasing after me.  My teacher just kissed me.