Chapter 41

Malaysia's POV

Darian and I are at his house, watching Korean movies on Netflix.  "How are things going with you and Ethena?"

I sigh.  "Not bad, but I'm just tired of her marriage."  "I thought you didn't mind it?"

"I didn't at first, and I didn't think I would, but it gets pretty tough to endure after awhile."

"Does she know?"  "Yeah, I told her, but there's really nothing she can do."

"She needs to divorce him already."  "Darian, we already talked about this.  She can't because of Jacob."

"Malaysia, I'm putting my foot down.  Right now.  Ethena's marriage is starting to get to you, and I will NOT let her and her marital shit bring you down.  If y'all are gonna be together, you need to tell her to leave him, or else."

"I-I......"

.....

"Ethena, we need to talk."  "Oh boy, Malaysia.  I don't like those words from you."

I sigh.  "Ethena, I love you, I do, but........you gotta leave Ron, ok?  I can't keep doing this.  Sneaking around is fun and all, but I want you to be mine.  Officially mine.  Only mine."

"So what are you saying?  Are you saying you wanna end us?"  "No, I'm not saying that......  I just want you to divorce him and live your life with me like we planned."

"I think you're really stressed.  You know what, let's go go carting."

.....

Ethena and I are racing each other.  We turn around a corner, me drifting in front.

I'm having fun, I'm not even thinking of things that stress me out.

.....

Mrs. Lassiter's POV

Malaysia and I are cuddling in mine and Ron's room.  "Ethena, how do you always manage to wrap me around your finger again?"

I smile.  "Maybe it's the magic touch I have."  "I miss my grandma."

I start caressing her hair.  "I can guarantee you that she misses you, too, and she loves you very much.  She's proud of the woman you've become."

"I remember when I was younger and she'd watch Crashbox with me.  She'd have her coffee, and I'd have my vanilla almond milk.  Grandma made sure I consumed healthier options."

I giggle.  "I remember Crashbox.  I used to love that show when I was a kid.  The Sketch Pad bits were my favorite."

"Sketch Pad!  Sketch Pad!"  I laugh, making her smile.  "I loved reciting the rewind prompt and the end of each episode.  "It is now time for Crashbox rewind, where we rewind through the show, and remind you how smart you really are."

"Ethena.......do you think she'd hate me for this?"  "For what?"  "For us."

I look at her.  "No.  Of course not.  Don't tell me you're getting second thoughts."  "No, no.  Of course not.  I just.......  Sometimes I wonder about it, y'know?  I wonder if she'd look down on any of my life choices.  I'm by myself now, so I have to be my own guidance.  I just don't know if I'm doing well at it."

"Well, for one, you're not by yourself.  You're here with me now.  Two, you're doing amazing, Malaysia.  You are doing what you feel, and a lot of people can't muster up the courage to do that.  You are strong.  You are resilient.  You stand up for yourself, and demand the respect you deserve.  If she were here right now, she'd tell you how proud she is of you."

She initiates an intricate, delicate kiss.  "I love you, Ethena."  "I love you so much, Baby.  Your grandma's gonna be so proud of you when we get our place together."

"It's gonna have really big windows so that we can see all the beautiful scenery around us."

"We're gonna have a chandelier in the dining room.  It's definitely gonna impress the guests."

"We're gonna have a centerpiece in the middle of the dining room table."  "The kitchen's gonna be painted baby blue."

"I definitely want a big yard.  More room for the dogs to run around."  "It's gonna have a pool, too.  Great for the summer."

"Ooooooo, we're gonna have a patio, and we're gonna sip lemonade in the shade."  "We're gonna pull out the grill.  I can make some mean barbecue."

"Should we get a vacation home?  It'd be nice to have somewhere to get away to."  I smile.  "That's a great idea.  Where do you want it?"

"The beach.  I want a beach house."  "I can see it now.  You, me, Jacob, and the waves."

"And you know what the best part about it is?"  "What?"  "No Ron."