Chapter 32

Mrs. Lassiter's POV

   I'm chilling on the couch, just watching TV, when my phone rings.  I look at the caller ID.  I roll my eyes, having half the nerve to not pick up.

"The fuck do you want, Ron?"  "I wanna see my son.  Bring him to me."  "Are you out of your mind?  You should've thought about that before you left."

"You can't hold our kid from me, Ethena."  "I'm not going to have our kid experiencing going back and forth to a hotel just to see his dad.  You left, and you have to deal with the consequences of it."

"I left because you wanted to keep her so bad.  Can't you see that she's breaking up our marriage?"  "How dare you blame this on her?!  She's not, Ron.  It's you."

"So now it's all my fault?"  "You can't see how much of an asshole you are, especially to her.  She literally did nothing to you, and you act like you hate her.  Face it, Ron, she's not going anywhere."

"I don't get it, why are you so gung ho about choosing her over me?"  "Because, Ron, she's a young woman with nowhere else to go and no one else to turn to.  You're supposed to be a grown ass man, and you have more than enough money to be able to sustain yourself."

He sighs.  "Ethena, I want my son."  He says exasperatedly.  "You're not getting him. Point blank period.  Bye, Ron."

I hang up the phone, more than happy to be ending the conversation.  Jacob's little legs carry him down the stairs as he adorably uses the railing.

He runs over to me.  "Hi, Mommy."  He says with a bright smile.  I smile at my baby boy, picking him up and putting him on my lap.  "Hi, Mommy's little man."

"Where's Daddy?"  "Oh..... He's on a business trip.  He'll be back, though."

I wasn't expecting him to ask me about his father.  It really caught me off guard.  As much as it kills me to keep him away from his dad, his dad should've thought about that before he left us to go stay in a hotel.

"Let's go for ice creeeeam!"  I say excitedly with a smile.  "Ok!"  He has the happiest smile on his face.  He jumps down from my lap and starts running to the door.

.....

Malaysia and I are in our bed, Jacob fast asleep in his.  She's gliding her hand up and down my thigh as we lay here, me smiling at her as my head is in my hand.

I sigh, my smile faded.  "Jacob asked me about his dad."  "Oh, no.  What did you tell him?"  "I told him he's on a business trip."  I respond, my eyes averted down.

"Well, it's your call and I can't tell you what to do as a mother.  He left, and now he has to deal with that."

I look back up at her, smiling at the woman I love.  "I'm glad you think the same way I do, Baby."

"Of course, Love,"  Suddenly, she frowns.  "I really don't like Ron.  He's such a douchebag."  "I honestly don't know what happened to him.  He wasn't always like that."

"Yeah, well, he needs to revert back to his old ways, cuz I'm not afraid to punch a grown man in the face."

"Allegedly.  He's allegedly a grown man."  I say with a smile, making her laugh.  "I love you, Ethena."  I put my hand on her cheek, rubbing my thumb on it.  "I love you, too, Baby."