Chapter 17

Malaysia's POV

   "Of course you can stay with me.  Stay for as long as you want."  "Thank you so much.  This means so much."  "No problem.  I'd do anything for you, especially in this situation.  All we need to do is move an extra bed into Jacob's room.  I'll go get one tomorrow."

Welp, this is my new home.

Mrs. Lassiter's POV

"Ethena...why is the babysitter sleeping on our couch?"  Ron says, his fingers on his chin as he doesn't look at me.

"Her grandmother died, and she needed somewhere to stay."  "I appreciate the generosity,"  He looks at me.  "but YOU DIDN'T ASK ME ABOUT IT!!!"

"Shh.  You're going to wake her."  I whisper with a frown, putting my finger to my lips.

"Wake her?  I don't give a DAMN about waking her.  I'm tired of you making decisions without me.  First, you bring her on our trip, now this?"

"She can be an in-home babysitter, Ron."  "I don't want someone imposing on our home.  I swear, it's like you have more passion for the babysitter than you do for me."

I do!  I'd rather be with her than be with you, asshole!

"I was just doing a nice thing.  She needed somewhere to go."  "She's not staying here, Ethena, and that's final."  "Yes, she is, and that's how it's gonna be, so deal with it."

"You know what, Ethena?  I'm tired of this."  He says exasperatedly.  He goes upstairs, and I'm glad he does.  He needs to have some compassion for once.

"Is everything ok?"  "Everything'll be fine.  I'm sorry he woke you up."  "Another argument?"  "Yeah."  "Was it about me?"  "Yeah."  "Look, I can leave.  I don't want to impo-"

"No.  You're staying here,"  I say with authority.  "I don't care what Ron says.  You need a place to stay, and I'm not gonna let you wander the streets looking for shelter like an animal."  "Very well then."