Chapter 68

Eric was a year younger than me and today he's celebrating his seventeenth birthday. It was the sixteenth of November, I wouldn't have known it if it weren't for his friend mentioning that his birthday is about to start.

Of course, we had another small fight about it. I was just angry that he didn't even tell me such important details and also annoyed at myself for not knowing it. We didn't get to celebrate his birthday last year since he was with his family at that time and I also was too busy with my family and studies that I didn't know that a month has already passed.

For now, I want to make up for the fact that I even celebrated his birthday last year, he good me he didn't want anything grander, just the two of us. He was a lover of carbonara and for that, I am currently cooking him one with the money that I saved for a month and a half.

It was the evening of Thursday that I finally finished cooking carbonara and let it cool down before putting it inside the refrigerator to pack tomorrow.

I heard a sigh behind me and saw my third brother, Jonnel, who looked at me in slight disappointment.

"I never had you cooking food for my birthday as you do with your boyfriend" he pouts and I laughed angrily at him.

"I don't cause I always cook for you every day!" I turn my back and warn him. "Don't you dare take a piece of it, I've already memorized it in my mind!" Then left without turning back, I just heard the mocking of my brother and shut the door.

...

Friday soon ushered in and we are already feeling the effects of it. Students have become lazier and some teachers just gave up and told us to watch something and make a reaction about it.

The rest of the day seems to pass like a blink and I find myself gaining strength for later's plan. Meryl has already left the melancholic period and arrived in the bitterness and unwillingness that sprouts in her heart. But she no longer looks thinner and had gained weight in passing days which relieved our hearts.

"Hey, ange where are you going! I thought you're going with us after school?" It was Emil who shouted, another friend of mine whose very flirty and got himself a lot of boyfriends.

"I'm going with someone!" I told them, I almost forgot that we always go home together since most of my new friends live in pantok and the nearby places beside it.

"Eh? Who you're going with, aha! I know! It's your bebe isn't it?" Emil then laughed loudly with that very distinct high-pitched tone of his that immediately attracted our other friend's attention.

"Ange you're like that huh? Go on, leave us, go with your bebe"

"No it's okay, we understand, it's okay"

I don't know if I should get mad or laugh at them but could only tell them the reason for my refusal or else they'll think I spoil my boyfriend too much.

"It's his birthday okay!"

"Oh is that so, hehe, go on" they even teased me with winks and I almost choked on my spit when Jamie said something vulgar for my ears.

"What? Are you going to gift yourself for your boyfriend"

"Jamie!" This girl's mouth is just too venomous that I can't even win at her.

Thankfully they didn't stop me from leaving more and just tell me good luck and that I should prepare some prevention which made me glared at them.

Soon, I find Eric sitting under the shade of the trees and jog to his side. His eyes shone brightly making me feel dazzled by his sunny expression before smiling at him.

"Let's go?"

He held my outstretched hand and together we left the school grounds.

***
Chapter 68 is up!

Fun fact: It's his real birthday and favorite pasta

Have a great day everyone and stays safe!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!